Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Ideal Logic Combi 35 F-1 error with pressure on gauge in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cmacinnes86

Hi all,

New to the forum.

Last night, while running hot water from our Logic Combi 35 boiler the front display started displaying F-1 and stopped producing any hot water. Of course this usually means low pressure, however the gauge is showing 2.5Bar.

There is plenty of pressure at the hot water taps.

I have isolated and drained the boiler, removed the pressure gauge to inspect and check for blockages.

Removed and checked the function of the diverter valve actuator, cycles fine when the unit is turned on/ off

Checked the function of the diverter valve itself by pushing the brass pin, see the valve seat/ unseat when pushing the pin with flow stopping starting as normal.

I am at a bit of a loss now since I can see that there is plenty pressure being supplied to the unit and nothing appears to be blocked. Called Ideal, who said that I can pay £315 for a guaranteed repair, which seems steep if no parts are actually needing to be replaced.

Can anyone point me in any forward direction, where else could be blocked and stopping the boiler seeing pressure, or could it be the pressure sensor itself?

Cheers for any input

Calum

I an point you in the direction of the orange banner at the top of the page.

Get a gas safe engineer in. Use a recommendation from friends/family or workmates. Or post your location and somebody may be local who can assist you.

This plumbing forum will not provide advice to anybody with regards to boiler repairs or any other form of gas plumbing without you first providing us with your Gas Safe Registration number in a thread - for very obvious reasons. If you're not qualified to touch gas, you should stay well clear of trying to!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal Logic Combi 35 F-1 error with pressure on gauge in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock