Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss ideal logic 30 combi electronic timer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jimbogooner

Hello there,

I have recently moved house and the boiler installed is an Ideal logic combi 30 boiler. I want to get an electronic timer (Ideal Electronic Timer 204545) but is it as simple as popping the blanking plate off the front and plugging the timer in? Or is there wiring to be done? I'm a total amateur with boilers. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Yes it is that simple but if your that much of an amature a local guy would not charge a lot cause it would not take him long and you have peace of mind the job is done correctly

thanks for the information. i'll order it today. cheers!

Hi again! I fitted the timer to my boiler, set up the program and switched to run, but the heater isn't coming on at times I set? Something I've done wrong? Do I need to reset the boiler?.thanks.

thanks backboiler. I installed it fine. i set the timer okay, the heating didnt come on. i was just after some advice that would help. i dont think you comment is very helpful. thanks.

When I got divorced,I asked a solicitor for advice.He said,"Get a solicitor."But I didn't,and it cost me a fortune.Did I cry about it?Oh,yes!But tough luck!

got it sorted now. no need to call anyone out, which wouldve cost money i didnt need to spend :) im sure if you had to change a headlight in your car, you wouldnt go to a mechanic. this os your logic? this is your mentality. thanks for the sometimes useful advice guys. backboiler, you obviously have money to burn! if anyone needs a light bulb changing, get in touch and i'll do it for a reasonable price ;)

got it sorted now. no need to call anyone out, which wouldve cost money i didnt need to spend :) im sure if you had to change a headlight in your car, you wouldnt go to a mechanic. this os your logic? this is your mentality. thanks for the sometimes useful advice guys. backboiler, you obviously have money to burn! if anyone needs a light bulb changing, get in touch and i'll do it for a reasonable price ;)
Sorry if you don't like the advice on here and yes it's true, I do have money to burn; and thats because I earn alot of money as a gas engineer and Part P qualified electrical engineer. I'm no different to most on this forum who have studied for years and spent a lot of time and money gaining qualifications to enable us to work safely to protect people like you from the dangers that exist on gas appliances. Give me one good reason why you think we should share our knowledge with someone who is not legally qualified to work on gas appliances? My advice like QUALITY'S will always be, to get an expert in.
By the way, my first job when leaving school was an apprentice motor mechanic. I gained City & Guilds qualifications but quickly left the trade because it was poorly paid. Thanks for the offer but I know how to change the bulb on a car and I also know how to safely isolate it before doing so

I cut me own hair this morning
Flippin rite pain in the butt and I made a mess of as well

Lol at this!! Yes this is why we spend alot of years being trained!! Love it how people ask for advice and dont take it then they try to come back to YOU and ask you to fix it! All of the time... Love to always say "TOLD YOU SO!!"

I'm glad to hear you you are qualified to carry out work on gas appliances. I would never attempt to fix/install anything to do with gas, but this was just a plug-in timer, so not too intrusive. This is why I asked for advice. I know you probably do have money to burn, i watch rogue traders so I can see how easy it is for you to make a killing. I myself am a fully qualified signal engineer for tfl and have nvq level 2 & 3, onc and hnc. I also hold an I.R.S.E license and completed a 4 year apprenticeship, so I don't do too bad myself thanks. I know there are people on these forums who genuinely help people, you're answer to everything will most probably be to call in a plumber. But then again, look after your own as they say eh? Thanks again everyone else for your advice.

Koogatobac, I did not ask anyone to fix it, just some advice. It was sorted in no time at all so I don't know where the I told you so comes into it? It doesn't take years of training to plug something in does it....then again I'm not sure how quickly some people pick things up????

Apologies for bringing back an old thread. I just moved into a property which has an Ideal Logic Combi 30 with a mechanical timer on the front. However I have noticed that the timer doesn't actually do anything... regardless of what the setting is the heating can only be controlled by the manual on off switch. Any ideas?

Apologies for bringing back an old thread. I just moved into a property which has an Ideal Logic Combi 30 with a mechanical timer on the front. However I have noticed that the timer doesn't actually do anything... regardless of what the setting is the heating can only be controlled by the manual on off switch. Any ideas?

Also apologies for replying 10 months late, our mechanical timer stopped working, still under warranty, so Ideal swapped it out. I'm now looking at a digital timer, the engineer said to sort it out ourselves as it'd be cheaper than getting him to fit it.

So the advice of Ideal's own engineer was not to get an expert but to read the manual and DIY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to ideal logic 30 combi electronic timer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock