Currently reading:
Ideal isar gas boiler - control panel not working

Discuss Ideal isar gas boiler - control panel not working in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Patches

Boiler not working - display controller not lighting etc

Hi to all!
i have taken on a property with an ideal isar gas boiler, it's fairly old like 8 years I think!

the boiler has been turned off for around 1 year or so, there is gas connected and water in the system, when turning on the boiler from mains fused spur, the boiler clicks but no lights come on in the control panel and the boiler doesn't try and light etc...

It's been well maintained in the past with service stickers etc on it and additives been put in it to stop system slugging etc...

any advice, as I was going to get someone out to replace the control panel. I have looked for loose wires etc.. And can't see anything looking a miss. ( it has a separate timer control and that appears to be working)

thanks

hi patches,
off for a year is asking for problems.
yes get someone out, but leave it to them to determine what needs replacing/fixing.
a new boiler wouldn't be a bad idea!

I personally wouldn't be spending any money on a 8 year old Isar. Spend your money wisely and invest in a new one with a decent manufacturers warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal isar gas boiler - control panel not working in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock