Search the forum,

Discuss Pressure issues Ideal Logic Combi 30 in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, we have an ideal Logic combi 30 and have an issue with the system loosing pressure. We have had an engineer look at the system twice without being able to find a fault.

I isolated the boiler last week to determine it was the boiler and not the rest of the system.

When the system was warm the pressure dropped from 1 bar down to 0.6 within 40 seconds. The system then stabalised.

I then pressurised the system to 1 bar and did the same with the system cold. No initial drop - after 3 hours it was at 0.4 bar.

The engineers pointed to the heating engine or the Expasion vessel, however the pressure seems to be consistent in the expansion vessel.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Any water outside from the pressure release pipe?
Have you checked all rad valves?
Did the boiler loose pressure when isolated at the valves underneath?

Hi, we have an ideal Logic combi 30 and have an issue with the system loosing pressure. We have had an engineer look at the system twice without being able to find a fault.

I isolated the boiler last week to determine it was the boiler and not the rest of the system.

When the system was warm the pressure dropped from 1 bar down to 0.6 within 40 seconds. The system then stabalised.

I then pressurised the system to 1 bar and did the same with the system cold. No initial drop - after 3 hours it was at 0.4 bar.

The engineers pointed to the heating engine or the Expasion vessel, however the pressure seems to be consistent in the expansion vessel.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Put a balloon on the pressure relief pipe outside or a little container underneath. This will tell you if your prv is letting by or not.
Always best to check the expansion vessel aswell. So the correct way to do this is with an empty boiler (0.0 bar of pressure) look for the expansion vessel you’ll find a a schrader valve on it like a car or bicycle tire. Using a decent pump check the pressure it should be about 0.75 bar. If it isn’t pump it up.

Without the correct pressure in the expansion vessel your heating could expand too rapidly and cause your prv to open and let water out when the pressure shoots up.
If it turn out to be the prv letting by then , with a cold system you could try giving a loving tap on it. Sometimes they can lift and warp. If it still not solved call a gas safe engineer and explain what has happened and they will change the prv for you!

Give it a go, but be safe.

Any water outside from the pressure release pipe?
Have you checked all rad valves?
Did the boiler loose pressure when isolated at the valves underneath?
Evening! Cheers for the reply.

The engineer said the pressure release pipe was bone dry. I've checked all the rad valves too.

Yes the boiler lost pressure when I isolated it with the valves underneath. After the boiler had been on and the boiler was warm the pressure dropped from 1bar down to 0.6bar rapidly.

When it was cold there wasn't an initial drop. However 3 hours later it had dropped to 0.4bar.

Put a balloon on the pressure relief pipe outside or a little container underneath. This will tell you if your prv is letting by or not.
Always best to check the expansion vessel aswell. So the correct way to do this is with an empty boiler (0.0 bar of pressure) look for the expansion vessel you’ll find a a schrader valve on it like a car or bicycle tire. Using a decent pump check the pressure it should be about 0.75 bar. If it isn’t pump it up.

Without the correct pressure in the expansion vessel your heating could expand too rapidly and cause your prv to open and let water out when the pressure shoots up.
If it turn out to be the prv letting by then , with a cold system you could try giving a loving tap on it. Sometimes they can lift and warp. If it still not solved call a Registered Gas Engineer and explain what has happened and they will change the prv for you!

Give it a go, but be safe.
Cheers for the reply! I'll give this a go as the engineer who looked at the system had said he had done this before i got home from work.

They had repressureised the expansion on the first visit and the second engineer checked this as well. Ill do as you have said and check the pressure to see if it has dropped since they were here.

Thanks again!!

£200 for what two visits ? If so get them back out as tbh if they have just isolated the boiler and left to on test then come back you’ve been done

ideal offer a fixed price repair around the £300 mark will fix anything wrong with the boiler

£200 for what two visits ? If so get them back out as tbh if they have just isolated the boiler and left to on test then come back you’ve been done

ideal offer a fixed price repair around the £300 mark will fix anything wrong with the boiler
The £200 was including a service but still takes the p##s. Thanks for that, I'll have a look.

Reply to Pressure issues Ideal Logic Combi 30 in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

F
Hi, We have a new Ideal Logic Combi 30. A radiator today came off the wall and developed a leak. Plumber came and fixed (but didn't). At that time the boiler was fine. Today the boiler has lost pressure. I have followed the videos on yt and nothing works. Just stays telling me F1. I have...
Replies
Views
FrankMcg
F
Got up on Wednesday morning no hot water, (only cold water coming out of hot tap). Checked boiler, it had zero pressure and F1 fault showing. So I refilled the pressure using the filling loop, up to about 1bar which is where it usually is, which worked fine, had hot water all day. Same thing...
Replies
Views
I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and plasterboard celling. I have got unvented pressurized RM Cylinders hot water system with 27KW Worchester gas boiler with expansion vessels . When...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem could be. We have a biomass boiler and stratification tank set up and recently had an issue with boiler pressure dropping off when the system was cold...
Replies
Views
My heating system comprises an Ideal Logic 12 boiler located downstairs and a Gledhill OV SOL cylinder located upstairs . The problem is that when the Gledhill controls for the “hot water” and “central heading” are turned on the Ideal boiler makes a constant “clicking” noise and tries to start...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock