Discuss Ideal HE24 issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

andywailes

My elderly mother in law had an Ideal HE24 installed under the Warm Front scheme about 4 years ago, we have had nothing but problems with it and now it has ceased completely, it comes up with error code H3 which apparently is a pressure issue, we have followed all troubleshooting guides by turning on and off, reset etc.... the pressure shows 1-1.5 bar as per manual, also the burner light will not come on so the boiler does not fire up - can anyone provide a solution that will not cost hundreds of pounds to fix ? PS mother in law not had heating or hot water now for 2 weeks and desperately needs a bath !!!!!!! after reading a few forums I have come to the conclusion that these boilers are not worth their own scrap value

I used to work for a company that installed under the warm front grant, these boilers were horrible! Everybody knew how crap they were but as everything, As the famous saying goes 'you get what you pay for'

Could be the sensor to pressure gauge faulty or the pressure gauge might of gone

Cant give you a definate answer until you have a proper look and tests on it.
Where about are you in UK? Engineer on here that is close to you could sort your mother out

It would appear she was duped by warm front as they also installed DPC at the same time which failed and cost her 4 grand to have removed and repaired, there people are parasites (apologies if you used to work for them) they dont return calls or letters and carillion is as bad as administrators, I have even taken the step to write to Greg Barker the minister oreponsible for Energy and Climate control but wont hold my breath, pressure gague working correctly but she has already shelled out over 500 quid in repairs over the last 2 years - what a CON

You will need to call out a GSR engineer to have a look at boiler or get Ideal out on fix'd price repair !

:welcome: to the forum andywailes - H3 is a sensor issue and relatively straight forward to replace if you know what you doing! As mentioned get someone in who know's how to do this and the old dear will be able to get herself bathed! Alternatively ask her around to yours with her shower cap :)

If she is spending out large amounts on this boiler ! it may be better to replace it, or take out a service contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal HE24 issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock