Discuss Humidifier in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

morris_minor

Is it possible for a humidifier to affect the operation of thermostasts, my daughter has a heating problem in as much as the rads on the childrens bedrooms never seem to stay hot for long.
She lives in a 3B/room bungalow wich has condensation problems so she bought a humidifier to try and solve the issue, how ever I think by doing so it is affecting the room & the rad stats.
The humidifier is placed in a small hall way opps the room stat and close to the 3 bedrooms.
I think that the humidifier is making the trv's shut down prematurly as well as the room stat.
Is this possible or am i clutching at straws.
YOUR replies would be very greatful.

The de-humidifier should not affect the heating,Remember if the rads have trv,s fitted they shut the rads down when temp is reached.
A good way to get rid of condensation is to open all the windows at the same time, this changes all the air,five mins thats enough a couple of times a day.

Hi franz, thanks for that but I am still not so sure because I have noticed that when the humidifier is on full belt and just turns it self off I noticed that the ch was also off and if i turned up the room stat then the ch came back on again, hence the reason for my question.

Could it be that you de-humidifier is sucking warm air over your stat so it switches off.Getting back to condensation, where are your rads located

De-humidifiers can become very warm in operation. this could possibly affect the running of a TRV in close proximity in way of closing down too early. Although should not have affect on those in other rooms, unless its heating the whole bungalow, but im assuming its not as your saying the rooms are too cold??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Humidifier in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, My property is a 3-bed terraced with double glazing windows... It currently has no central heating, so I will get a new combi fitted...
Replies
Views
R
Hello its my 1st post hope im in the right place We brought a new house a medium-large 3 bedroom semi, we moved in the summer. Now coming to...
Replies
Views
Hi, My step daughter was ripped off by a cowboy builder so I’ve been helping her out and fittted her two radiator. I’ve no idea what is under some...
Replies
Views
Hi. A new house regulation for a 2 zone heating system because it's bigger that 150sqm. I'm I right in saying zone 1 should be all of the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm after some help regarding my Father in laws heating system. He has had a local engineer around but hasn't had a fix and is very remote so...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock