Discuss How to drain a Warmflow 70/90 Combi Boiler? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Craig Birnie

Hey all,

I managed to run out of oil the other day and got my boiler into lockout mode. I finally got some more oil into my tank today but the boiler is still refusing to come out of lockout mode after repeated pushes on the reset button.

I was wondering if the boiler needs drained now to get it working again? If not, anyone have any ideas what I could try? I am a COMPLETE novice when it comes to boilers so it will have to be an idiots guide!

Any help would be hugely appreciated! Thanks.

Hi. If it went to lock out through lack of oil, its likely that the oil line/pipe is air locked. Where the oil connects to the burner, just undo the union/joint and purge any air. Once oil is flowing reconect to unit and try firing up, it may take a couple of attemps after lock out and you will need to wait for some 5 to 7 minuets between firing attempts. There is an air relese on oil pump but more difficult to explain. Good Luck

Hi, I myself have the same problem with this boiler is their anymore info on this in the forums?

thanks in advance

stefan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How to drain a Warmflow 70/90 Combi Boiler? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back