Discuss How is work going..? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dave

Hi lads/lasses..

How is work going..?..

Are you prepared for the usual winter break downs etc..?

Had the best few weeks of the year so far & seems like the sun is finally bursting through the foggy financial mist that has been with us way too long! Finally found a client that wants a good job done & realises that it comes at a price & paying peanuts definitely attracts monkeys :D

sort off finishing my installs and getting ready for winter holiday( 2 weeks to go ) ! will be passing on all my calls to local lad

Very very busy, been busy all year really.

Don't advertise anywhere either.

Works good, has been since summer, I want the cold weather to be delayed so I can get more done before the brown stuff hits the fan. Seem to be getting one job done and two more added to my list. Luckily people are willing to wait.

Hope it's the same for everybody else and that it continues.

Bit quieter than last year but not complaining nor am I worried - too much other stuff to do at the moment.

On a contract with the council, fixed hours means more time with my family. 2 big bathrooms booked in for new year.

well gents im delivering cards i havnt had a call in weeks i dont know whats going on i dont do gas though i did have a call the other week but turned it down it was a full central heating rads the works but as i couldnt put the boiler on i didnt bother doing so pretty quiet really by the way im in cardiff

im busy enough, fully booked till the second week of january. going to quote 2 central heating jobs on friday and also quoting a boiler swap and a bathroom next week plus all those little jobs that tend to get in the way but you just cant bear to turn them away. been a good year for me, last year was a real struggle though.

anyone outthere just doing plumbing, busy or is it just quiet

My main through this year has been bathrooms, but I do the tiling as well, I picked up my oil a couple of years back so that fills the gaps and keeps me busy over the cold times.
From your earlier post I'd recommend getting hold of a good gas man that you can sub to do the boiler and gas works on full installs. I have somebody who's good that I bring in and he passes oil work to me. Works well. Hope things pick up for you.

thanks simon g i did think of doing that but i dont really know of a good gas man ill have to do some finding i think cheers matey

Get to know a good gas man - if you give them gas stuff and if you are any good they will get you to do the wet stuff they don't want to do themselves.

I just do plumbing phil and it's been dead this year. Three bathrooms this year and one of them was my own compared with 14 the previous year. Thank god the wife has a decent job.

Working flat out 12 hours a day and a few hours at weekends, bathroom after bathroom with maintenance jobs inbetween.
Bank account good but I'm an exhausted wreck.

been a crap year, i have found what the problem was in getting no work and i have now rectified it (fingers crossed).
i do hope its not just timing otherwise it wont last long for me.

so, for the last few weeks it is looking promising.

Start a 3month contract with an agency working 12-8pm doing repairs in local authority houses £12.70 they provide van and material , was recently paid off so it's a bit of work

I'm booked up until mid Jan, 1 week holiday booked for between xmas and new year! Can't complain really.

krap ads' trying to economize and finding the right outlet for them.
find the masses then follow theres no reward for pioneering unless you can afford too and sometimes you just have to be prepared to pay a bit more for the results.
also, i have a bit of contract work only around £100 a week but its money for half days work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How is work going..? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back