Search the forum,

Discuss House with gate valve as stop tap then iso valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to do abet of work to do on a house that has lead coming in to a gate valve then an iso valve. The owner doesn't want to replace in mdpe. From boundary stop tap at the moment. So to isolate the houses water supply I have the iso valve or the boundary stop tap in the road. As the gate valve goes no were near turning off mains pressure. Which would you suggest turning of the iso valve and hope it doesn't leak out of the slotted part or the boundary stop tap. Key require to access. I will try upload a picture of under the sink its not the worlds best plumbing by any stretch of the imagination. Probably the worse layout I've seen in my limited experience.

rip out the gate valve and replace for stop tap and doc get it done right

I would but its on to lead. And the gate valve is low down. He is on about possibly getting a water meter as the water board want to fit one would they replace with mdpe from the boundary stop tap?

IMG_20160323_193121.jpg[

Theres a service valve just to the side right hand side of the tee. The pipe going to the left just feeds the kitchen sink

have you got about 4" of lead showing below the bulb? and unless you pay them for that service no as from the stop tap (main road/ sidewalk) to your inside stop tap is your problem

Last edited:
Would have to check when next there. Why are you thinking one of then universal transition couplings on to the lead? Would there be a possibility of connecting on to the nut and olive of the gate valve with a stop tap?

Would have to check when next there. Why are you thinking one of then universal transition couplings on to the lead? Would there be a possibility of connecting on to the nut and olive of the gate valve with a stop tap?

might need to cut the olive off but if you have enough copper to work with your golden

Would they fit the water meter externally then?

depends if outside already has a boss / tapping in it if no prob fit one inside but wont do that until new stop tap is fitted

The bottom nut is like an extension brass piece the? The gate valve connects on to this.

makes sense think of it like a tap connector might be tapered if it is no washer needed just jointing compound

Thanks why would this of been used though? So I maybe able to connect a stop tap to the end of this? It will either have a fibre washer or be sealed with jointing compound?

Thanks why would this of been used though? So I maybe able to connect a stop tap to the end of this? It will either have a fibre washer or be sealed with jointing compound?

yes and if tapered jointing compound and normal back then

The pe terminating from the lead will be 1/2 brass. Cut the olive off and a 15mm one should knock on. Then fit a 15mm compression stop tap.

Thank you. I realing didn't want to start connecting on to the lead. Do you tend to use the philmac couplings now? That will go on the any material. Over lead locks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to House with gate valve as stop tap then iso valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock