Discuss Hot and Cold Pipe Repair - Good or Bad? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Bargin :)

It took about 5 mins for the pipes to empty out, turn the mains tap off, open the taps and the pipes were empty as the plumber was then able to cut the bit of copper pipe section out to make that contraption.
Then refilled in a few mins.
Its just the hot and cold pipes that feed the taps etc.

How much you reckon it would cost to rectify this so its proper soldered with less joints?

Depends what you consider a 'proper' repair. Ideally, I would want to replace the the entire length of damaged pipe back to existing joints with a nicely bent jumper under the CH pipe. I'd also take a critical look at the CH pipes in the areas because copper-on-copper friction often damages both parties to the action. Say three or four hours, mostly spent exposing the work and making good after.

Reply to Hot and Cold Pipe Repair - Good or Bad? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock