Discuss Help wanted with FAULTY traditional CH system, (Honeywell Y Plan) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I said connected I might be better asking if it's there ?

A lot of sparks ( no offence to any ), wire the Y plan without putting that wire in. I was not asking you if the connections are tight, I was asking if the Hot water off terminal has a wire on it.

As far as which forum, This one has more brain power and more skill knowledge and experience than the other side, Where Heating systems are concerned. The people on here are very bright and helpful individuals.

When I said connected I might be better asking if it's there ?

A lot of sparks ( no offence to any ), wire the Y plan without putting that wire in. I was not asking you if the connections are tight, I was asking if the Hot water off terminal has a wire on it.

As far as which forum, This one has more brain power and more skill knowledge and experience than the other side, Where Heating systems are concerned. The people on here are very bright and helpful individuals.

i realise that folk on here are bright, however on the electricians' forum they tend to flash randomly!
ok, on a Honeywell 9400c, which number terminal are you referring to? (Theyre numberred but not labelled)

i realise that folk on here are bright, however on the electricians' forum they tend to flash randomly!
ok, on a Honeywell 9400c, which number terminal are you referring to? (Theyre numberred but not labelled)

Number 1 is DHW off, you need that in, have a look to see if it's there
3 is DHW on
4 is CH On

Last edited:
Well people, I've solved it.
I decided that if all the connections were present and conect, and that all the valves and so on were ok, then it must be the wiring itself. What I found was that one wire from the programmer to the wiring centre that was fractured and had intermittent contact. It's the one that turned the pump and valve on when heating was called for.
SOLVED!!!!
Thank you all so much for your help!

I decided that if all the connections were present and conect, and that all the valves and so on were ok, then it must be the wiring itself. What I found was that one wire from the programmer to the wiring centre that was fractured and had intermittent contact. It's the one that turned the pump and valve on when heating was called for.
SOLVED!!!!

Good
Thank you for letting us know the outcome!
I for one appreciate that.
Have a good xmas ( if you celebrate it)

SOLVED!!!!

So yet again a bit of cable puts a stop to our lovely working systems. Bloody electricians, sooner everything's Wifi and we can put a battery in for power the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help wanted with FAULTY traditional CH system, (Honeywell Y Plan) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock