Search the forum,

Discuss Help! Trevi shower problem! in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Recently moved into North Walsham area. (Norfolk) The house has a Trevi shower that isn’t working properly. The hot is overpowered by the cold? Two plumbers so far have had a look but no success. Need a plumber with experience of these showers as they obviously have very specific issues that make them difficult to fix?

Picture of shower would be useful
Its not a trevi boost shower by any chance?
Yes we think it is a Trevi Boost shower. Don't know if photo will help. There is nothing on the unit to help identify it.

Attachments

• shower.jpeg
    shower.jpeg
    26.6 KB · Views: 5
The trevi boost is tank feed hot and mains cold it works on a venturi using the higher pressure cold to 'accelerate ' the hot. You will need your hot water to be at at least 60 c to have a hope of a warm shower.
Should say I've taken a few out and replaced them with something more conventional.

Venturi shower, where mains cold draws the gravity hot into the valve.
These can work pretty well, but it sounds as if you have a faulty non-return valve on the hot side.

Reply to Help! Trevi shower problem! in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock