Discuss HELP PLEASE- Purge a power shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

drank1n

Hi All.

I am having trouble with my power shower, it is fed by a cold pipe and a hot pipe. After our mains water being off, my power shower warm feed has stopped working.

The motor is running and making a noise but no hot water is coming out! The cold water does still work. All upstairs hot water taps are functioning correctly and with pressure.

Would there be a possible air lock in the hot water feed pipe?

If so how can I purge the pipe?

Any advice would be a great help!

THANKS

Hi Tom,

I would have no way to run shower with out pump. From memory there is no maker name on shower it just says Basics on the front.

If this is just air in the hot water feed pipe, could I just leave the shower running to pull all air thought?

Or could this burn out the motor?

Thanks for your reply!!

have you got a wet and dry vacuum? if you have you can use that to pull the hot water through.

Unfortunately i don't have a wet vacuum!! If i leave motor running on the warm setting will this pull air through and water behind it?

Or would this affect the motor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to HELP PLEASE- Purge a power shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back