Discuss Help Needed With Tray Instal in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

diynot

Hello all,

Bathroom Fitter has so far been doing a fantastic job and doing everything as per best practices I came across here on this Website.

The floor is 18mm Ply board and pretty flat.

The issue he has had is with laying the Flat Merlyn MStone Tray 90cm Square.

He prepared the Mortar as per instructions i.e. 5:1 Ratio but the consistency may have been a little bit on the runny side and the quantity seems to be a little bit on the less side as mortar is not fully flush with the edges of the Tray.

I noticed he has put a little bit of a wedge on one side; I have no doubt he will remove that first thing in the morning.

So my question is, would it be in order for me ask him to fill the voids with Super Rapid (3 minutes) setting Ready Made Mortar to bring it flush with the edges and place wooden batons on either side for about 5 minutes?

I checked the tray levelling; it seems ok, there is a minutiae slope on the spirit level pointing diagonally towards the waste flow.
20130613_192307.jpg20130613_192412.jpg20130613_192325.jpg20130613_192341.jpg
Thank You

PS Sorry for the upside down pics :stuart:

Attachments

• 20130613_192452.jpg
    20130613_192452.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 83
good job i am not doing it for you as i only put it under the bit you actually stand on and i would leave the packer there!!

There would be no need to fill the voids as this is not a weak area of the tray in terms of usage & persons standing position. The rest of floor I presume will be tiled over therefore leaving a smaller gap between the tray/tiles/finished floor where a bead of silicone can be applied.

As long as the waste was tested thoroughly before installation then I would say this is nothing to be concerned about.

best to go read your paper and stop looking over his shoulder or he may not turn up in future, you said he has done a good job to date leave him alone to finish it. as for your questions, no.

why didnt he leave it flat to the floor and run the waste under the boards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help Needed With Tray Instal in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back