Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Heating won't come on unless hot water is on via programmer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordyjordy111

Gas Engineer
Hi lads

fitted a 18 RI today......

fired the boiler on hot water worked fine, then i tried heating on its own and didnt fire

system had a new honeywell 3 port with drayton programmer

spent an hour testing 3 port/wireing etc then my boss said this is an old way of wiring a system and it wouldn't fire unless hot water demand is on via programmer

if both heating and hot water on then cylinder stat satisfies then 3 port will motor to heating only which it did

can anyone point me in the direction of a wiring diagram for this......

cheers

ok cheers.... have to have a play with that not sure i understand.... you seen this before????

Hi lads

fitted a 18 RI today......

fired the boiler on hot water worked fine, then i tried heating on its own and didnt fire

system had a new honeywell 3 port with drayton programmer

spent an hour testing 3 port/wireing etc then my boss said this is an old way of wiring a system and it wouldn't fire unless hot water demand is on via programmer

if both heating and hot water on then cylinder stat satisfies then 3 port will motor to heating only which it did

can anyone point me in the direction of a wiring diagram for this......

cheers

Just search for Y plan and there will be loads of examples. Just do it step by step. It could be that if this is a replacement boiler then it was not wired correctly before.

seen this alot, sparks prob didnt put enough cores in on 1st fix, so no hot water off from clock to valve. if this is the problem then you need to run a single core. Dont use a earth from a t&e cable like i see lots of sparks do.

or upgrade controls, move clock to valve/AC or wireless.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Heating won't come on unless hot water is on via programmer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock