Search the forum,

Discuss Heating pump Circulatingpumps in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

140814_wl.jpg

I have this water pump. Can anyone tell me what the difference is between Min, Med, Max and C1, C2, C3. And what do the Icons mean above them?
I have tried reading manuals but they don't really say.

Adaptive min, med, max changes the pump speed due to resistance in the pipe work

C1, C2, C3 is constant speed like the old grundfos eg 1,2,3

Thank you, it is currently on medium, but when the heating and water is on the radiators do not get that hot. Do you think it would be better on high?
The 2 port valve seems to be working correctly.

As above, its presently on Proportional Pressure (PP) control, you might post the make/model and we can have a look at the pump curves as some of these (PP) are far too low, Grundfos included.
The icon on the left is the standard symbol for this PP control and the one on the right is for fixed speed or what is now called Constant Curve.

Stick it on c2, how old is the pump ?

Hi
Thanks the pump is a Circulatingpumps CP50.

The present setting of PP med is far too low, PP max should be reasonably OK as it has a higher head than C2 and will modulate with zones shutting off etc. I would suggest changing to PP max (4M head) if not adequate I would go straight to C3 ( 4.5M head), you can try C2 as Shaun suggests but IMO maybe too weak (2.8M head) but depends on number of rads etc.

Reply to Heating pump Circulatingpumps in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock