Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Heating control using ebus or network in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mjbk

I am planning to replace a 26-year-old 10-16kW gas boiler with a Vaillant unit, both for its reputed quality and its ability to be remotely controlled.
Both network (Vaillant describe their 'Intelligent Service' as 'via the internet') and the ebus interface are of interest, but I am struggling to find any detailed information on either of these. I would be most grateful for any links or guidance. The web site www.ebus.de/ did apparently once have a specification of ebus: where might I find it now?

contact vaillant direct and they will point you in the right direction

the vaillant range of controls are very clever and have a massive range of features, however they can be too clever for some people to understand, I have recently had to replace a vrt 360 control for a simple mechanical clock and room stat for a couple in thier 50s, despite being shown how to use it 10+ times and having the manual they just couldnt get on with it, food for thought!.

Interesting observation, Blackcatgas. I would like to explore the possibilities of a controller (initially a plc or computer) that can be as simple for the user as on/off or as complex/sophisticated/flexible as required. The challenge is in how those options are defined.

And what's age got to do with it? I'm 65! (Thus retired, and with the time to explore such things.)

And what's age got to do with it?
Nothing. Some people just make the presumption that it is complicated and they will never understand it. It's exactly the same with metric measurements. "I don't understand it, it's too complicated!" Which is the more complicated - multiplying/dividing by 10/100/1000 or multiplying/dividing by 3 or 8 or 10 or 12 or 22 or 1760 etc, depending on what you are doing?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Heating control using ebus or network in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock