Discuss Heat genie? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure that these comply with building regs in UK.Big farm, he's also fitting a bio mass stove ?
Wasn't convinced when he asked me if he could fit nrv on 28mm grav primaries but return was pumped! Oh dear

Last edited by a moderator:
They do comply with UK regs, so long as the rest of the system is designed right...
I haven't used one though, I just do a similar thing with a plate hex and a few other bits (depending on the system design) when connecting up to a sealed system.
That way you can keep an open vented circuit on the solid fuel side and the rest of the system can do what it needs to under pressure... There has to be plenty of properly sized safety fallbacks when doing these, it's not something that just gets chucked in

They do comply with UK regs, so long as the rest of the system is designed right...
I haven't used one though, I just do a similar thing with a plate hex and a few other bits (depending on the system design) when connecting up to a sealed system.
That way you can keep an open vented circuit on the solid fuel side and the rest of the system can do what it needs to under pressure... There has to be plenty of properly sized safety fallbacks when doing these, it's not something that just gets chucked in

Take a trip to consett, eastgate, woolsington and frosterly. Loads getting thrown in.

You know where it's at. Webbed fingers and a maid. Knitsley is the last bomb I heard they installed.

I have just been asked to connect a solid fuel stove to a combi system via a heat exchanger. may i as what other bits and bobs you need. i'm currently struggling to design it. i'm starting to go down the h2 board route as its more of an all in one with good technical back up but the home owner has the heat exchanger idea in his head

arent they just a low loss header given an expensive brand name

The two sides are hydraulically separate so it's just a big plate heat exchanger I would guess, but I'd question the gravity side having to go through the pump? Surely this would restrict gravity circulation?

Yes but even in there own literature it says that the circuit should be piped to allow gravity circulation in the event of a power cut?

Last edited:
System link don't show heat leak rads in their heat genie schematics. In fact they say heat leaks are wasteful on energy.
The cooling process would depend on the stove pump remaining operational.
If not then "pitching" can occur through the vent.

DPS used to sell Danfoss AVTA cooling valves for the heat leak rad before they went bust. An elegant solution ensuring the cylinder heats first.
Which is how I plumbed my own system.
Not sure if Thermal Integrations are selling this product now.

In southern Ireland old traditional sf systems had no heat leak rad. Rads weren't invented back then.
Our old system when I lived there used to pitch on a regular basis through the vent which went through the roof.
Plenty of systems still like that.

Pipes making a whooshing and banging sound. Used to be like music to our ears.

People now would make a big fuss over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Heat genie? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hello to everyone.Im a newbie here. plumbing & heating+GSR engineer.
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock