Discuss heat a swimming pool in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
i had a look at an interesting job, the swimming pool is currently heated by solar and a pump,the punter wants to know if it is possible to heat the water by solid fuel as he has an endless supply of wooden pallets,this would be an out side arrangement and looks arn't important, any idea's, serious or not so serious welcome..?

HDG Euro 30kW split log wood central heating boiler

cant see why that wouldnt do it

need to get your heatas if you havent already thou
thats a bit of kit mate...i can't see the punter paying 10k + to keep the kids happy..but you never no...and i wouldn't be doing it..but i am considering doing my hetas as gas prices increase solid fuel becomes a solution, but saying that i heard gas is under blackpool tower that will last our country at least 70 year...?

ok my cheap option

old expansion vessel (300l +)
old car radiator (maybe 3 or 4)
old grundfos 15-50

cut the top off the expansion vessel
cut an opening inthe side of the vessel
place the car radiators across the top
connect pipe work (f and r) to car rads
use the 15-50 to circulate
light a fire in the vessel and the fumes will pass through the old rads and heat the pool

i would give this a band D rating as its not condensing
if you could get a few more rads on there and have the last rad on the return, you may get it to be band B

ok my cheap option

old grundfos 15-50

light a fire in the vessel and the fumes will pass through the old rads and heat the pool

if you could get a few more rads on there and have the last rad on the return, you may get it to be band B
ha ha thats more like it.

thats a bit of kit mate...i can't see the punter paying 10k + to keep the kids happy..but you never no...and i wouldn't be doing it..but i am considering doing my hetas as gas prices increase solid fuel becomes a solution, but saying that i heard gas is under blackpool tower that will last our country at least 70 year...?

this is just the first i found

i think they a called gaseous boilers, loads of people make them.
im sure your local solid fuel boiler dealer will know of a few

ok my cheap option

old grundfos 15-50

I couldn't help singing the A-team music whilst reading that! Haha very good Simon!

What about [DLMURL="http://kotly.com/Wood_gasifying_boiler_ATMOS_DC___18S_-_with_an_extraction_ventilator,_Laddomat_and_BVTS_valve,327.html?topSsid=0cfe8865cce60948693cb4af176f7008"]this[/DLMURL] cheap and chearful

Last edited by a moderator:
Love it when a plan comes together, plus turn it into a 'a' rated boiler by running the return through another rad on top of them all just to eak out them last few degrees.

Or tell em to stop being daft tarts and get in the cold pool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to heat a swimming pool in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock