Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Has anyone had any experience with a Gledhill Boilermate A-class Ov in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fin301

Just moved in to a 7 year old house a few month back. The house has the BoilerMate A-class Ov fitted. Never had a system like this before so I dont know if everything is normal with the Boilermate. When I open the airing curboard where the Biolermate is the first thing I get hit with is a strong smell which is hard to explain but its allmost like a medical sort of smell. The other thing is the case of the Boilermate is warm to the touch and has a good bit of heat coming from it. I know the unit is a thrmel store and is meant to hold the heat inside.

Also the small tank that sits on top of the Boilermate is warm. When I lift the lid off it there is a lot of warter that runs off the inside of the lid.

Maybe this is normal for this system but something just feels wong to me. The hot water and heating seem to work fine. The only thing I can say about the hot warter is it gets to a temp. where you cant put your hand under it.

It would be helpfull if you guys could let me know if this seems normal for the Boilermate and if not is there anything that I can check my self before having to call for a engineer.

Thanks

That all sounds pretty normal to me. The tank on top is the header tank and thats all fine.

Pass on your smell can't help you with that one.

Smell will be from the water in the header tank. Probs a chemical inhibitor

If you just moved in and the previous occupants were elderly then I confidently predict thar the medical smell will fade slowly over time and is the result of the incontinent old bird rinsing her nickers out in dettol before drying in the airing cupboard.

I have a customer just like that lol. I call her pi55y marge [emoji3]

What jay means is. His mrs washes his clothes and pants in TCP. To hide smell of his incontinence.

Thanks for the replies. Kay Jay nice answer lol but I am sure the last owners were in there twenties.

I have had someone tell me that the smell may be the relay for the emergency switch (back up heater). What do you guys think?

The other thing I wanted ask about the A Class is about the water having to be on for the heating to work. If the hot water is on or timed and the timer is active the heating works fine. If the water is off or the timer is inactive the heating doesn't work. Is his normal?

Thanks again.

with heat stores you need the hoiit water on all the time as this heats the cylinder of water that is your heatstore

Thats good to know. I have had a read through the manual and can see that you can bring fault codes up. the problem I have is I have I dot hae the first clue what the co mean if anything. Anyone know where I couldind info on the codes below.

5.1 = 76
5.2 = 77
5.3 = 56
5.4 = 67
5.5 = 76
5.6 = 77
5.7 = 85

5.1 = 68
5.2 = 77
5.3 = 35
5.4 = 55
5.5 = 60
5.6 = 70

C.0 = FF
C.1 = FF
C.2 = FF
C.3 = FF
C.4 = FF
C.5 = FF
C.6 = FF
C.7 = FF
C.8 = FF
C.9 = FF
C.A = FF
C.B = FF
C.C = FF
C.D = FF
C.E = FF
C.F = FF

c.0 = FF
c.1 = 29
c.2 = 29
c.3 = 29
c.4 = 29
c.5 = FF
c.6 = FF
c.7 = FF
c.8 = FF
c.9 = FF
c.A = FF
c.B = FF
c.C = FF
c.D = FF
c.E = FF
c.F = FF

Cheers

Sounds ok
You could put in a thermostatic mixing valve on hot water to control the temp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Has anyone had any experience with a Gledhill Boilermate A-class Ov in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock