Discuss Halstead Ace - Problems Repressurising in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

acalluna

I have a Halstead Ace boiler in a rented property.

Both the heating and hot water have been working since I moved in 7 months ago. Today I noticed the radiators had gone cold and when I checked the boiler, the green power light was flashing. I switched it off and on and retried - boiler fired up for a few seconds, stopped, and light started to flash. I'm also getting no hot water however putting the hot tap on doesn't cause the light to flash.

Anyway, I noticed the pressure is at 0. I don't know how long it has been like this as I never checked the gauge before now. I have seen advice on how to repressure a boiler using the 'filling loop' however I can't find this on my boiler.

I did find blue and red taps - blue tap is connected by tube to my washing machine. When I turn the red tap water comes gushing out the open end.

I seen this first and thought it was the filling loop but there are no taps and I can't disconnect it.

boiler 1.jpg

Then I saw these taps. I turned the blue tap (at the bottom) but it's connected to my washing machine so I couldn't tell if anything was happening. I then turned the red one and water came pouring out.

boiler 2.jpg

So I suppose I am asking if I can somehow Fix my boiler like this or if I need to buy a filling loop. Having an engineer out isn't really an option at the moment as I am out of the house for work for around 15 hours per day.

Oh and this is probably important - I bled my radiators today for the second time since I moved in (because they didn't feel very hot at all - maybe something to do with the pressure?) It didn't sound like air was coming out however no water came out either. I kept them open for a while then gave up when no water came out.

It's the middle of a cold snap in Scotland so I'd really appreciate some advice! Thanks in advance.

P.S I am a twenty something female with no experience of boilers so laymen's terms only please! Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Your top picture is a filling loop. You need a SLOTTED SCREWDRIVER. Turn the middle of those valves attached to the pipe and filling loop (braided hose) horizontal.

You will hear water pouring in.
KEEP AN EYE ON YOUR PRESSURE GAUGE, ONCE IT REACHES 1.0BAR

Turn both valves in the vertical position using your slotted screwdriver, and reset your boiler if it doesnt kick back in.

Let me know how you get on :)

Go around your radiators with a BLEED KEY to release the air out your system.

---BE AWARE ONCE YOU BLEED RADIATORS YOUR PRESSURE WILL DECREASE---

So you have use the filling loop method again to top it to 1.0BAR

Fixed! Thank you so much.

I was a bit concerned that I didn't have a screwdriver but the old knife trick did the job.

Thank you so much, you have made my night. All the best :)

Not a problem :) good to know helped a dansil in distress! Enjoy some heating :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Halstead Ace - Problems Repressurising in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock