Discuss Guild Of Master Craftsmen - Worthwhile?!?! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JSPM

Hi all.
I have recently had an input from a sales exec re the Guild Of Master Craftsmen based in Sussex. They boast various high profile companies being part of the guild, Aston Martin, Harrods, Ritz and so on.
All the literature looked pretty impressive and they appear to give some good deals with various companies such as Ford Commercial, Legal Advice, Business Counselling etc.

Has anyone had any experience of the Guild, good or bad, that could help me make an informed choice over a membership with them.

Kind and Festive regards to you all.

Dave.

Hi all.
I have recently had an input from a sales exec re the Guild Of Master Craftsmen based in Sussex. They boast various high profile companies being part of the guild, Aston Martin, Harrods, Ritz and so on.
All the literature looked pretty impressive and they appear to give some good deals with various companies such as Ford Commercial, Legal Advice, Business Counselling etc.

Has anyone had any experience of the Guild, good or bad, that could help me make an informed choice over a membership with them.

Dave.
im always suspicous of anything that decided if you can join based on have you got enough money on paper corgi offered gbreat deals on insurance vans etc but were never competetive i found

They rang us one day.

The sales pitch was along the lines of "we're looking for qualified and reputable tradesmen like your company etc etc"

I asked the bloke what he knew about our company, and he was stuck. he knew nothing. I asked him how he knew what qualifications I had and then he was really knackered.

The public probably think there is some merit to that badge on the van door, but you're just buying a sticker, in our experience.

The federation of small businesses do a lot for you, its only a couple of hundred quid a year, local networking meetings, cheap banking and insurance, free advice lines, legal cover. I cannot imagine every being without them. They lobby the government sticking up for business, the lot. Help with contracts, provide specimen documents all included. I cannot praise them highly enough.

try fsb.org

Hi all.

Dave.

As said you are paying for a sticker to put on your van,handy if you can not join a reputable orginisation
Means tiddy squot,some customers may think looks ok but not many,thats whats its designed for
Join a proper orginisation or if a problem save your money and maybe get some stickers done for yourself with maybe

Guild of plumbing and midwiefry
or
Brotherhood of Drainage systems and boo collectors
or
League of drip stoppers and s### unblockers

Sure there will be a few more sugestions

:D:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol
Many thanks Puddle I get the drift.
FSB appear to come up trumps time and again Renewable M so they might be a go-er.
I think I will give the Guild a wide berth. Many thanks for all you comments.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Guild Of Master Craftsmen - Worthwhile?!?! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back