Discuss Grundfos pump S+F after 6pm Christmas Eve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mcniven

Received a call there..

"Hi, my pump is away, what is the price to supply and fit a new grundfos circulator, could you make it out tonight, after 6pm ??"

I told her, yes we could, at a total cost of £180 total. She replied "I dont have this money at this time of year though" and hung up.

How much do other people value our time at? Especially on xmas eve after 6pm. . .

£200 for me

I think that is rather reasonable price for a last minute repair, out-of-hours (well for me, at least) before a holiday.

I would do for cost and free labour as its christmas

Like b hell at least £200

Yeah its Christmas though, i think you should have done it for free and taken a sack full of presents round for her to. And if she has kids you could have babysat for her so she could have gone out tonight !!

£200 inc i think is a fair price.

i agree £200 about right for christmas eve when you should be settled in for the weekend.

i would have charged more mate, get your bum in the plumbers arms better talking prices in there i think.

people get as much as triple pay working on xmas eve/xmas day, charge accordingly we all deserve holidays.

even more if its after 6 pm also

If it weren't for Christmas eve you'd be missing out on an evening down the pub or a meal out with your lovely wife - so it would be around £200.

Great chance to get out of those pre Xmas household chores ... last minute wrapping, buying the turkey, vacuuming, dusting the dining room table, polishing the glasses, making a Christmas table decoration, cooking mince pies, mixing the brandy butter, etc.

Do it for free - it's Christmas!!!

Or not.

£350, plus parts - especially if past 6pm cos you'll miss out on that last rush to Tesco to purchase the forgotten bottle of port or whatever.

HAPPY CHRISTMAS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Grundfos pump S+F after 6pm Christmas Eve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock