Discuss Grundfos Alpha2 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Glasuni03

Hi, looking for advice from you guys, the plumbing experts. Ever since my old Grundfos central heating pump (blue in colour) packed in over 9 months ago the local plumber replaced with the grundfos Alpha 2. It's been a nightmare truth be told!

the radiators have been banging which I've been told is down to expansion which I don't accept now as it never stops when the heating is on? There is the odd time that constant banging at the trv side in one radiator for 20-30 seconds

The alpha2 has an auto adapt which I believe works on the basis of how much hot water required it automatically increases the pressure. Only problem is when on auto adapt the rads downstairs and one in the bathroom doesn't heat?

When the pump is set at rating 2 it heats the house but we get the awful noises.

when hot water and central heating on at same time rads downstairs get hot at top but stone cold at bottom

even when the try says rad is not required to heat up due to temp in the room there is the banging noise/ticking noise when stone cold? Is this normal too?

Having looked at the Grundfos website it says that the Alpha2 shouldn't be fitted on trv systems on setting 2. Why might auto adapt not be working? I have had the system recently power flushed and this is driving us mad

any feedback somebody could offer I would be very grateful

trv flow probably one way only and set up wrong way, the pump needs to be set up as per manual, and system may need rebalancing.

Trvs are the danfos bi-directional (all on flow with exception of 1)

Is it best to swap this pump out for the blue danios model as it never made all these noises

why doesn't the pump give both hot water and all rad heat when on at same time?

I have exactly the same expectation just like you , gf2 will not last long on the market :

due to many systems installed correctly or builders plumbers adding on more radiators without upsizing the flow and return on the central heating

I sometimes wonder if Alpha pumps are just a bit too clever for their own good, particularly when they are fitted on old systems.

Grundfoss assume that your systems has been installed and modified properly, sadly this is rarely the case anymore as everyone's and plumber/heating engineer. Sadly, very few really are.

Technology is the future until it go`s wrong then we all look to the past and remenis about the good old days ....lol regards Turnpin

Hi, looking for advice from you guys, the plumbing experts. Ever since my old Grundfos central heating pump (blue in colour) packed in over 9 months ago the local plumber replaced with the grundfos Alpha 2. It's been a nightmare truth be told!

the radiators have been banging which I've been told is down to expansion which I don't accept now as it never stops when the heating is on? There is the odd time that constant banging at the trv side in one radiator for 20-30 seconds

The alpha2 has an auto adapt which I believe works on the basis of how much hot water required it automatically increases the pressure. Only problem is when on auto adapt the rads downstairs and one in the bathroom doesn't heat?

When the pump is set at rating 2 it heats the house but we get the awful noises.

when hot water and central heating on at same time rads downstairs get hot at top but stone cold at bottom

even when the try says rad is not required to heat up due to temp in the room there is the banging noise/ticking noise when stone cold? Is this normal too?

Having looked at the Grundfos website it says that the Alpha2 shouldn't be fitted on trv systems on setting 2. Why might auto adapt not be working? I have had the system recently power flushed and this is driving us mad

any feedback somebody could offer I would be very grateful
GRUNDFOS WERE NEVER BLUE your old one was a SMC ot MYSON as said fit a new old stock non weird pump

GRUNDFOS WERE NEVER BLUE your old one was a SMC ot MYSON as said fit a new old stock non weird pump
image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Grundfos Alpha2 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back