Discuss Green Deal or Out! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Reza

There are many installations taking place up and down the country under the Eco funding Scheme. This is where the house hold who receives certain benefits is awarded a grant to have their non-efficient low grade boiler exchanged for an efficient one. The maze through getting to be a Green Deal compliant installer is indeed complicated and expensive. The summary of my research to this is that, medium to long term the Eco Scheme is not sustainable and will have to be stopped. The Green Deal though as much as a scam it is, will continue. My worry is that at some point in the future, all heating businesses will be forced to become Green Deal compliant or phased out!

why will we be forced ? if they want to ged rid of the small business or one man then they sure will make it compulsory and really hard/expensive which will then close lots of small businesses

It's hard to refuse that Green Deal will not go on. The government backs this all the way, for sometime their perception has been that sole trade, trades men are up to no good! The GD tool has given the treasury the stone to kill many birds at once. With the impetus that the energy companies are placing behind this through the media, it's inevitable that soon or later sole trades will loose out boiler installs to the GD firms. To get GD compliant you need PAS2030, Quality Control Management System, Constant bureaucracy and extra expense, and for what, so that they can monitor every move I make!

people with low income are not my and I am sure your customers anyway ! You could have few but 90% must be living in HA houses anyway. So there plumbing will be done by the big contractors who are looking after the HA . So how is this green deal going to be relivant for the working class customers and the rich off course ?

people with low income are not my and I am sure your customers anyway ! You could have few but 90% must be living in HA houses anyway. So there plumbing will be done by the big contractors who are looking after the HA . So how is this green deal going to be relivant for the working class customers and the rich off course ?
The GD will be relevant to all as we will have to endure yet another increase on the cost of energy next winter by the providers. That's where all this funding is coming from, £1.3B a year. As to your comment on low percentage of family on low income, I would say the biggest winners in this are the private Landlords. I hope you are right and this will fall flat on its face. So what's our responsibility in all this? Create awareness amongst people. Unfortunately they are buying into this with their eyes shut.

Do you know much about this GD ? And if yes , please explain why are privet landlord to be benefitted as they are doing business not trying to make a living out of it !

Because the cost is added to the energy bill of the property. Most landlords don't pay the gas or electricity, so the tenant pays for it through inflated bills, the landlord gets a new boiler installed in his property without paying a penny.

Some ,not all private landlords will clear up from the eco scheme
If their tenant had been awarded 1 of the qualifying benefits the house is entitled to have an epc done the reccomendations on the epc will be granted to landlord for them to be fit for free. New ch, windows insulation. The benefit is their run down houses are being upgraded for nothing

Do you know much about this GD ? And if yes , please explain why are privet landlord to be benefitted as they are doing business not trying to make a living out of it !
Many tenants in the PLS are benefit tenants. I know one Landlord who has had 46 boilers exchanged under Eco Scheme.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Green Deal or Out! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
The UK Government has today been told to do better when it comes to Heat Pumps and Hydrogen Boilers. A watchdog for spending has said that the...
Replies
Views
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/05/12/the-heat-pump-farce-has-finally-been-exposed/?li_source=LI&li_medium=liftigniter-rhr I realise not...
Replies
Views
G
Hi, I'm interested to know any views on the Ideal Logic Code boiler range with flue gas recovery. Like a lot of people currently, I'm looking...
Replies
Views
Ermintrude
E
trying to read about these goverment ideas which our politicians seem to spend fortunes setting up and advertising, the latest 'Green Deal'...
Replies
Views
R
Hi All Our sister company Certifi Training has now received accreditation to offer GDA and DEA courses. This combined GDA/DEA course is aimed...
Replies
Views
Ray Stafford
R

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock