Discuss green deal in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

ambrosia

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
trying to read about these goverment ideas which our politicians seem to spend fortunes setting up and advertising,

the latest 'Green Deal' which lets face it comes with a huge amount of waffle (as they all do, they talk and talk never getting to the point)
as far as i can make out is only a loan for people and only if the installer has gone through a pointless sounding training course and registered

My question is this, those of you who actually have the patients to go through these schemes have they found any real benefit

Schemes a waste of time as the loan is against the property, so you sell your house and loan to new owner! or old owner has to pay off loan with massive penalty charges! so far according to press three home owners have signed up!!! only people interested in being installers/inspectors are large companies due to cost implications in being registered, much klike mcs and other such schemes. only thing to work well so far was boiler scrappage scheme, simple and easy to work for all parties

Last edited by a moderator:
i have been given the info from my local plums to do the full course to be a green deal assesor and installer. they have a training center set up for this. i am just waiting and watching what happens because to many of these gov schemes come to nothing . it will cost me £1300 plus vat should i decide to go ahead which at this moment in time is very unlikley. it seems to me at times the goverment are expecting plumbers to keep the colleges running by keep lashing out wonga.

if only 3 households had signed up last sat (w/e telegraph quote) theres more assessor than users at present!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and i thought they were all sun readers on this forum

load of horse **** in my opinion, had enough of this green rubbish being rammed down my throat. Bring back boiler scrappage.

I was an apprentice when that scheme was introduced, and the firm I worked for was so busy it was good for us & the customers. Had enough of it mate the "green" movement is nothing more than a money making scam.

I was an apprentice when that scheme was introduced, and the firm I worked for was so busy it was good for us & the customers. Had enough of it mate the "green" movement is nothing more than a money making scam.
I agree nothing but jobs for the boys and well paid at that ( including all the politicians)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to green deal in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock