Discuss Greater manchester skills centre in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Andrew Hansell

Hi all
My names andy and im from manchester
I was wondering if anyone out there has had any dealings with Greater Manchester skills centre.Ive just managed to get fully funded 6129 plumbing training and cant wait to get started.

welcome mate, im not far from you in bolton!
good luck with the course.....can't grumble if its fully funded eh? post your experiences of m/cr skills centre so others can learn about the centre too.

you will find lots of good advice from good plumbers here! sometimes we're even sober....(except croppie)

KJ

welcome mate, im not far from you in bolton!
good luck with the course.....can't grumble if its fully funded eh? post your experiences of m/cr skills centre so others can learn about the centre too.
you will find lots of good advice from good plumbers here! sometimes we're even sober....(except croppie)

KJ

have you had any experience of these courses and would you employ someone that had done it kj

who has funded it if you dont mind me asking, not sure how the 6129 can be
do you know its out of date? i should have shut for new entrants last year, its just been extended for a year

If its just the 6129 your doing, then your not employable in most employers eyes.

As this qualification does not give you the necessary experience to do the job day to day safely, quickly and efficiently.

People who have gone on fast track courses and have more qualifications then that are struggling to find someone to employ them.

Most employers now ask for a minimum 'x' years of experience in the trade, when advertising vacancy. Take a look at the jobs section in your local paper.

Its a basic course that will teach you the basics of plumbing, you'll do a bit of pipework, learn how systems work, plumb in a bathroom, hot water cylinder.

Ideally you want them to put you with someone, so that you can work and learn as an apprentice. This is by far the best way to learn a trade.

Ask Skills Solutions about possible apprenticeship opportunities. I think they usually work with Manchester City Council, housing associations (City West), building contractors (Manchester Working), etc.

Its usually around this time (more April/May) that the major companies/housing associations/Councils start looking for apprentices, for a September start.

Take a look at the websites of these companies, and apply. But be warned you'll most likely be one of thousands of applicants, so make sure you make your application stand out.

Good Luck!

to put it bluntly m8 this qual aint worth nowt ,forgive me if im wrong but im guessing ur not in the apprentice age bracket (meaning you need to earn a living to pay the bills)its all changing/changed to diploma so you have to be working in the industry to gain this qual . as for getting a job with these quals you will be very very lucky for someone to let you even volunteer yo gain experience .

I did my level 2 NVQ at the college and i got funded for because i am 18, i am now going back to get my CSCS card from there, the tutors are a good laugh and they get you through the course :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Greater manchester skills centre in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Please can anyone help or point me in the right direcrion. I have recently completed a 18 month bpec management learning programme...
Replies
Views
Hi, would anyone like to hazard a guess at what's causing this problem on the ground floor of our house? As you can see, the bottom of both sides...
Replies
Views
Hello all, my name is Michael and I am 18. I have my level 2 and 3 qualifications in plumbing and I also have a full driving licence I cant find...
Replies
Views
E
Hello All, I`m currently on my level two plumbing course at college and I`m looking for some part time work if anyone could offer me some advice...
Replies
Views
Ellis J
E
Hi there, so I have 0 plumbing knowledge here so sorry if I say the wrong things. Currently we have a Mira Moto Shower ( equivalent to Minilite)...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock