Discuss GRANT Air Source Heat Pumps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes it does have what they call a BTC controller which is located within the ASHP

here is the link to the installation guide the BTC controller you can see on page 44

http://www.bhl.co.uk/images/tagged/...rce Heat Pump Installation and User Guide.pdf

but surely if that was upsetting the system their engineers would have disconnected it??

I would suggest that you get them to completely disconnect the BTC controller then run it up and check the pump again it could be a rogue BTC that is playing up

I would suggest that you get them to completely disconnect the BTC controller then run it up and check the pump again it could be a rogue BTC that is playing up

I have no idea how the internal controls work as I have not dealt with them at all but I may suggest that when/if they come back...

The BTC controller is basicly a setpoint controller allowing the heatpump to run in different parameters and different temps so you will find that the heat pump is running in its normal parameter in heating mode, but when its in domestic hot water mode it will be running completly outside its parameters.

I do not know how this stands with EN14511 and I have my doubts about the COP claim of 5.8 when its working on hot water mode, but I bet that its the BTC is the problem

Blimey, probably awaiting a response from their experts in china then

Blimey, probably awaiting a response from their experts in china then

LMAO more than likely unless it's delays in Japan due to the tsunami they are supposed to be a British product I thought??
but still waiting for a response well the customer gave them 10 working days to get it sorted which gives them to the 15th of this month my guess is they will be coming out on the 18th.....

Nah yer can see its a chinese pump but if the last component is fitted in the uk then they can say made in the UK, probably the legs!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to GRANT Air Source Heat Pumps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Short version: Do frost protection valves trigger when the water in the pipe gets to threshold, or when the air temp drops? Long version...
Replies
Views
hi everybody i need some help please, i can't remember how to adjust the temperature setting in heat mode on my dream air source heat pump does...
Replies
Views
Mike marks
M
C
Do you have some experience with Air Source Heat Pumps and are looking for your next role? Evergreen Energy are hiring for a Commissioning...
Replies
Views
Cecile
C
    • Agree
I'm getting so sick of the media and tories plugging ashp's like they are the solution to all our heating needs. Latest news today, £5k grant...
Replies
Views
Would it possible to connect an air source heat pump into 2 UFH (unused) ports on a thermal store? The property is heated by oil and a wood...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock