Discuss Grabbed By The Balls in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only did one job for a landlord, well tenant, who told me that he was in touch with his landlord and "ok'd" me to install at the property. Turns out he didnt "ok" me and the tenant has ripped me right off. Lesson is kids, there are no friends in business and get everything in writing.

You are sounding very cynical about this person.

Personally, I would try and get the work!!.

You make it sound like the guy wants it all his way.
Why don't you try and meet the guy and have a discussion.
It sounds like a person worth getting a working relationship happening.

Express your concerns - have him voice his concerns - and see if you can work out a mutually agreeable compromise.

Personally, I would work on the prospects - at least in the interim.
It may go sour - better to find that out prior to starting any work that finding out after you have completed some work.

Keep it professional - you never know where it will take you

I'm a great believer in your gut instinct or my problem radar as I call it. The couple of times I've gone against it, it's cost me money. To me, you are already arguing about money and you've not even started. The jobs have a going rate and try taking promises about 150 houses to Asda when you need the weekly shop.

Just quote each job on price work for what its worth to you. Stand your ground and be prepared to walk. These landlord clowns don't allow for time taken to register boiler, survey job etc. etc..

there is only one type of property tycoon. and the word is not repeatable in a public forum.

Every time I agree to customer/builder getting the materials it ends up costing me,I insist on supplying it myself. The last time I let someone supply bits missing and arguments over the bill.

Also can anyone think of a single reason why a customer would supply materials (not including sanitaryware or something where design is a preference) other than a tacit implication that they don't trust you not to rip them off? that's a great starting point for a business relationship. As has been said before, try doing that at your local garage and see what happens.

If the Old plumber was being paid on time and no problems
He would still be doing the work

If it looks to good it normally is

What do you experience physiologically when a customer mentions they have lots of other properties? Is it avaricious glee? Or the sinking feeling you're about to be someone's pig?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Grabbed By The Balls in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
I have a green star ten yrs old keeps increasing pressure, feel on off filling valve not working, drain off to recommended, but after few days...
Replies
Views
Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock