Currently reading:
Grabbed By The Balls

Discuss Grabbed By The Balls in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

village idiot

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I am not smiling. I have a feeling I should never have gotten involved. Only time will tell:mad2::mad2::mad2:

No but I'd make sure I was paid in cash before touching the job! - please don't try and defend the undefendsable!

I'm not trying to defend the indefensible.

If Mr Smith pays badly, it makes Mr Smith a bad payer. It doesn't make everyone in his road a bad payer, it doesn't make everyone called "smith" a bad payer, and it doesn't make anyone who shares his occupation a bad payer.

The only way to be sure you never get a bad debt is to never give credit. Thats a business decision that will work for some people and not for others. If there was only one "perfect" business model for all plumbers, there would only be one plumbing company, and we would all work for them. :)

Ray, I prefer to collect most of my stuff from branch. My worry is, when I need summat delivered at a work address, it might be declined as your website says first order must be to home (registered) address. May be I should order something to be delivered at home just to be on the safe side.

Hi VI.
Don't worry about that - the "first order must go to home address" is just a security measure to make sure that the user isn't taking a stolen credit card for a walk.

It may trigger a security call, but if you mention that you are known in the branch, and Alan or Abby vouch for you, we will work round it.

Very strange things happen. I have just received an email informing me that everything is at address and tenant is expecting a call from me to say what day I can replace the boiler?
Strange, very strange. All this while, and he still is grabbing at my balls? Amazing

Now is your chance......grab him by the balls.
Just like chess...dangle the carrot...just have some 2 or 3 moves up your sleeve.

Pretend you are going to do him a favour...and crucify him.
How you do or manage this is up to you..
The ball is in your court now!!!

Do the job and keep all the paperwork till he pays up. No money, no papers, no warranty. You've only lost time if he doesn't pay then you'll know if your instincts were right. With customers I don't know, I always work like this (on larger jobs) Let them supply the gear and charge a day rate that you both can agree on then get paid before you do the next job or no more workee mistah landlawdee!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Grabbed By The Balls in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock