Discuss Grabbed By The Balls in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

village idiot

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I am not smiling. I have a feeling I should never have gotten involved. Only time will tell:mad2::mad2::mad2:

Might depend who grabbed them...

Well, I have just been given a contract by a landlord who has over 150 properties. So far, so good. So there are a good number of boilers that needs replacing, a lot of CP12's, servicing and new installations in houses he is converting to flats.

There are 5 boilers to install next week. Two are replacing combi to combi's and three are new installs in house being converted to flats.
Trouble is he sent me a mail today informing me he will be buying all the materials, parts, etc. I must only just charge the labour element. I can see problems. Missing parts, wrong materials, etc. OK, I will have my materials I can fall back to and finish the jobs, but I can just see him arguing that I am making up the materials??? Then there will be the question of wanting to pay a lot less for the jobs as he says I will not be short of work? Yeah, SO???

I think there is going to be tears

Attend job, parts supplied are wrong or missing = invoice for waste of time.
Plus all warranty problems are chargeable.

Jog on ! My favourite expression. Expect he will only be buying valliant ecotec plus and copper? I think not . Heatline and plastic same as most sub Saharan landlords!

Well, I have just been given a contract by a landlord who has over 150 properties. So far, so good. So there are a good number of boilers that needs replacing, a lot of CP12's, servicing and new installations in houses he is converting to flats.

There are 5 boilers to install next week. Two are replacing combi to combi's and three are new installs in house being converted to flats.
Trouble is he sent me a mail today informing me he will be buying all the materials, parts, etc. I must only just charge the labour element. I can see problems. Missing parts, wrong materials, etc. OK, I will have my materials I can fall back to and finish the jobs, but I can just see him arguing that I am making up the materials??? Then there will be the question of wanting to pay a lot less for the jobs as he says I will not be short of work? Yeah, SO???

I think there is going to be tears
#

You say he has given you a contract. Is there actually a contract? A document that defines what each party are going to do?

Because if not, then I fear you are right - it will end in tears.

And landlords with 150 properties don't appear from nowhere. Have you had a chance to speak to whoever used to do his work? That could be most illuminating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Grabbed By The Balls in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
I have a green star ten yrs old keeps increasing pressure, feel on off filling valve not working, drain off to recommended, but after few days...
Replies
Views
Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock