Discuss Government free boiler schemes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
but 8000 cant see em having that many.leave em to it then doesn't affect me. 8000 at 100 a week eco will have finished by the time they could do all them.

no chance they havent the man power to do it. even with subbies

they will do it alright. Will just take them longer (most applicants are now being told they have to wait THREE weeks before their ''free'' boiler can be installed.

If most of the self employed had opted out of the program, then those seeking to exploit the self employed would have had to back out of it. Trouble is a good many self employed are helping these ''scammers'' to keep the scheme going?

I simply said NO to those who contacted me and told me I could fit as many boilers as I liked and payment will be made after THIRTY Days. Yeah, right. Why should I put their customers interest before my customers and why should I wait 30 days for payment?

OK here's part 2 - you are sitting down for the number of schemes done under ECO aren't you - think of all those luverly boilers.... 60,000 of them SO FAR

Green Deal installations are made up of two sorts of finance

1) Customer finance and
2) ECO funds

Almost 100% of the current 'Green Deal' projects are 100% ECO funded:

Who qualifies for a 100% ECO Funding?

In order to qualify 100% for Eco funding , you must be a home owner or private tenant (not Council/Housing Association).
Someone living in the property must also be in receipt of at least one of these six benefits (with a qualifying component where applicable):
•StatePension Credit (top up to State Pension)
•ChildTax Credit (household income under £15,850)
•IncomeSupport (with qualifyingcomponent 1)
•IncomeBased Jobseekers Allowance (with qualifying component 1)
•Income-RelatedEmployment Support Allowance (with qualifying component1 or 2)
•WorkingTax Credit (household income under £15,850 AND qualifying component 3)

Qualifying Component 1 (withrelevant main benefit above)
•Child under 16
•Childunder 20 in full-time education (but not university)
•Child TaxCredit including a disability element
•DisabledChild Premium
•DisabilityPremium
•PensionPremium

Qualifying Component 2(with relevant main benefit above)
•Work RelatedActivity or Support Component
Qualifying Component 3 (with relevant main benefit above)
•Childunder 16
•Childunder 20 in full-time education (but not university)
•SevereDisability Element
•DisabledWorker Element
•Aged60 or Over

What makes up ECO:

CERO
The Carbon Emissions Reduction Obligation (CERO) has funding available for all homes, but specifically for Hard-to-Treat properties (HTT) and those in need of solid wall insulation (SWI).
There are also a package of additional measures such as heating upgrades, glazing & draught proofing.
i.e the owner may have to contribute something..

CSCO:
The Carbon Saving Communitiy Obligation (CSCO) targets private and social housing in low-income areas for community, area-based schemes.
Insulation measures available include solid wall insulation, cavity wall insulation, loft insulation, district heating and glazing.
There are no need for qualifying benefits for properties in a CSCO area, funding is given regardless of tenure. 20% of funding can be given to areas adjoining the target Lower Super Output Areas.

CSCO Rural utilises 15% of the CSCO funding to those on benefits in rural areas, defined as populations of less than 10,000.
There are a large range of measures available, e.g. loft insulation, cavity wall insulation, solid wall insulation, replacement boilers and glazing.
A qualifying benefit or tax credit is needed to be eligible for CSCO Rural.
Energy Company Obligation data in a usable format | News | Centre for Sustainable Energy Energy Company Obligation data in a usable format

HHCRO:
The Home Heating Reduction Obligation (HHCRO) is measured on the reduction of notional bill savings (i.e heating) and is aimed at the most fuel-poor and those on qualifying benefits.
Any measure is allowed so long as it reduces the property's heating cost (incl. boiler repairs).
Qualifying benefits are the same as those for CSCO Rural.

The key thing about all this is that someone needs to process the applications, hence the following types of people in the chain:

Customer - Green Deal Assessor (GDA) - Green Deal Provider (GDP) - Consumer - Green Deal Provider (GDP) - Green Deal Installer (GDI) - Green Deal Provider (GDP) - Energy Supplier - Consumer - Energy Supplier - Green Deal Provider (GDP)

And as an installer you site in the middle, oh, and there are a lot of GDA's that work for Green Deal Assesment Organisations (GDAO)

So.... If you want access to ECO funds you need to get certified under PAS2030 and snuggle up to a friendly GDP...

Also if you want to carry out any work for ANY Green deal measure then you need to do the same.

The Gov't will now sing the success of the scheme:

GD Assessments – 85,177 were lodged up to the end of September, up from 71,210 at end of August. The 13,967 GD Assessments in September was seven per cent higher than the number in August (13,086), although there were slightly fewer Assessments in August than in June or July

Green Deal Plans – 954 Green Deal Plans had at least reached the ‘quote accepted’ stage for individual properties as at the end of September, compared to 677 at the end of August. Of these, 392 were ‘new’ quotes for GD Plans (quote accepted), 505 had moved to ‘pending’ (Plan signed) and 57 were ‘live’ (measures installed)

Cashback vouchers – by the end of September, 9,087 had been issued and, of these, 6,512 vouchers had been paid (following installation of measures) with a value of nearly £ 1.8 million (Chart 3). The majority of vouchers paid to date were in June and virtually all have been for boiler replacements

ECO measures - provisional figures, which are routinely subject to further checks by Ofgem, show there were 244,882 measures installed under ECO up to the end of August (measures data takes longer to report and there is therefore an additional lag of one month). The number of measures installed in August (49,964) was 11 per cent higher than the number of measures installed in July (44,923) and continues the growth in recent months. T he majority of all measures installed under ECO to date were for loft insulation (36 per cent of all ECO measures), cavity wall insulation (33 per cent) and boiler upgrades (25 per cent). All solid wall insulation types accounted for four per cent

ECO brokerage - £ 235 million worth of contracts had been let through ECO brokerage up to end of September compared to £205 million at the end of August

GD supply chain - 107 Green Deal Providers had been authorised up to the end of September. 286 GD Assessor Organisations and the 2,517 GD Advisors they employ had been accredited up to the end of September

Totally agree but what makes it laughable is that the boiler manufacturer (ideal) is obviously just turning a blind eye to the fact that they aren't, doing any kind of flush etc which when all we hear about is dirty system this and that causing boiler breakdowns, and benchmark schemes .

60,000 boilers installed thus far under this scheme @ lets say an install cost of £1750

£1750 x 60,000= £105 000 000

so thats 105 million pounds worth of unflushed ,wonkey crap installed ,,,,,money well spent?

you decide

Lets rewind a little, screwfix are doing a deal at moment, you pay £700 for the PAS2030, they pay you back, you buy the boiler (must be IQE boiler) they give you this back, with £700 for materials and labour. So you get £700, do the training, get it back, get 1 customer and get your £700 back and £700 extra, use this for next boiler and then you get £700 for boiler and £700 in your pocket. and then every boiler you do, you get £700, make sure it is a straight swap, like for like and you are getting a good days wage. would be good round here as lots of very old boilers and lots of ex council estates, problem is that most of them are back boilers, which take 3-4 days to change properly.

Totally agree but what makes it laughable is that the boiler manufacturer (ideal) is obviously just turning a blind eye to the fact that they aren't, doing any kind of flush etc which when all we hear about is dirty system this and that causing boiler breakdowns, and benchmark schemes .

But if customer is getting free boiler, surely they can pay for magnetic flush as an extra!!

Lets rewind a little, screwfix are doing a deal at moment, you pay £700 for the PAS2030, they pay you back, you buy the boiler (must be IQE boiler) they give you this back, with £700 for materials and labour. So you get £700, do the training, get it back, get 1 customer and get your £700 back and £700 extra, use this for next boiler and then you get £700 for boiler and £700 in your pocket. and then every boiler you do, you get £700, make sure it is a straight swap, like for like and you are getting a good days wage. would be good round here as lots of very old boilers and lots of ex council estates, problem is that most of them are back boilers, which take 3-4 days to change properly.

Its same as b AND Q offer presume they are in king fisher group as well , the b and q deal imho isnt worth the aggro

It's going to go poo poo when they All go wrong and the scheme guarantor is up the creek without a paddle. I think that by end of next year going to be 5 ads a week on TV and in papers from solicitor s re; miss selling and Ropey assessments. Fines galore ..... But the installers gone bust, doh refer back to finance provider , plums, b&q , they are stuck for duration of finance. All this rubbish and all the paperwork just to make middle man some more money and the energy companies even more. No thanks .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Government free boiler schemes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
The UK Government has today been told to do better when it comes to Heat Pumps and Hydrogen Boilers. A watchdog for spending has said that the...
Replies
Views
Hi All, We have finally decided after a bit of a persuasion to have installed a utility room in our garage that currently houses our oil boiler...
Replies
Views
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/05/12/the-heat-pump-farce-has-finally-been-exposed/?li_source=LI&li_medium=liftigniter-rhr I realise not...
Replies
Views
Hi all, So I did a job for a customer recently which involved swapping out an incredibly dangerous and poorly installed unvented hot water...
Replies
Views
Hello All and thanks Lou i did write a reply but it would not let me send it? i am not sure what I am meant to write and I do not want to come...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock