Search the forum,

Discuss Go on then, rip it to pieces in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kyle87

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374694399.940625.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1374694410.835043.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1374694423.189505.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1374694462.038665.jpg

My first boiler install so far, practically on my own. My GSR man is there bit taking a back seat and just letting me get on with it.

He's pottering round changing trv's etc and just leaving me to the boiler. Trying to do it as neat as I can.

Return will run round the top of boiler, down the side then filter on underneath.
Flow will drop straight down the back of boiler.

Let me av it then. Criticise the turd out of it!!

Looks neat enough, good job for your first one.

Doubt they will need a radiator fitting in that room :)

Very neat :) imho if you're running the condensate to outside just go up to 32mm waste. My first install i did in just condensate. About 5 inches in length and it flipping froze. Was in the snow and ice re running it. Lucky the customer found it amusing me getting blitzed with snowballs courtasy of her kids....

Wouldn't want the copper bill, hope you've got enough in for it.

I drill pilot from inside.
Then drill about 4 inch core from inside.
Then go outside and drill inwards
No blow out and most mess outside!!

Never had a cored hole blow any bricks. And I have cored a few.....
Looks good, get decent extraction gaer and core from the inside. If your bricks are blowing, then the bit is turd/blunt

Plus, if it was me and all being boxed in, it would be in plastic, then copper as you get near the boiler

Looks like a neat job mate, I'm just really tight when it comes to material bills.

Excellent Kyle :) Personal recommendation :
Clips within 150-200mm in the corners or end of pipe run !
Get off them steps before you land on the floor :) lol

Also try and put clips 1000mm apart horizontally and vertically ...

as this will become a nature to you you would not have a problem when you are doing gas pipes too !!!!!

Good advice about the clips!! Thats all i would say, good job kyle, good to see another doing copper work and not evil plastic :p

Also fitting a worcester? Remember to take the case off the boiler before lifting onto jig (see manufacturer instructions) and try not get the washers all over the floor when lowering the boiler (always happens :()

Good advice about the clips!! Thats all i would say, good job kyle, good to see another doing copper work and not evil plastic :p

Also fitting a worcester? Remember to take the case off the boiler before lifting onto jig (see manufacturer instructions) and try not get the washers all over the floor when lowering the boiler (always happens :()

A dab of silicone grease on the brass valve lips holds them a treat

Firstly - someone's nicked the boiler!

Secondly - someone's nicked the rest of the pipe work!

Thirdly - someone's been eating too many pies!

Just saying.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

i use hilti and never had any problems ,

But I drill from inside only if the house is empty or outside is not a option ...

only thing i would do different is the pipes dropping to the boiler would have gone in the corner to be hidden from view by the boiler

with my poor eyes i cant make out the sizes of the pipes on the wall but i always run them so they arrive at the boiler without any crossovers or as few as possible

Looks good to me. Was installing Worcesters at my last company. How long do you have for a job like that roughly?

Firstly - someone's nicked the boiler!

Secondly - someone's nicked the rest of the pipe work!

Thirdly - someone's been eating too many pies!

Just saying.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

You calling me fat????

Looks good to me. Was installing Worcesters at my last company. How long do you have for a job like that roughly?

It's a full conversion. We are doing it over three days. I am by no means the fastest. Could be done in two days easy if I was more experienced. Old boiler with asbestos flue. Cylinder removed. All pipework to combi brought in from kitchen. New trv's. power flush.

Plenty of work envolved but with two gsrs it'd be done in no time. Fair play to my gas man he is very patient and wants to see me do well.

Let me take my time this evening servicing a back boiler. If it wasn't for ppl like him then young tradesmen don't stand a chance

that's good your tradesman has the time to be patient with you and teach you proper, for us that work in the fast paced world of price work there is never really any time to teach the youngsters.

My advice would be use the bending machine more and you will become quicker at bending, reducing the amount of fittings used and chances of leaks.

Dont worry about training off people. Best way is learning off yourself, myself and about 10 others who i know well in the plumbing trade learnt majority off themselves. Once you've worked with alot of engineers with different ways of how to do stuff you'll pick the best ways that works best for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Go on then, rip it to pieces in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
S
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock