Discuss Glowworm Ultracom 38cxi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

AWheating

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
not ultracom 2.

it states in the service instructions for this boiler that the combustion chamber sealing ring shoud be inspected and replaced if required.

What are current recommendations for this? i know sometimes this is replaced when CC is opened on many boilers and once every 5 years even if not opened for service.

i dont see many glowworms and are unsure what updated proceedures are around for this.

Also anybody have any tips on things to look out for when doing a full service?

Adam.

also anybody know what that black rubber section is for with the two hose clips on the flow pipe at the bottom of the combustion chamber? it seems to leak from time to time.

The door seal is no different to any other group serivce appliance, the graphite ones are good for five years, I normally change them after four in case the following service is missed....... As for thr the short black rubber tube it's just an expantion joint and to aid flexibility when there assembled in the factory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Glowworm Ultracom 38cxi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Had our gas Baxi Combi inspected and serviced today, as it has been every year. Gas safety cert issued and says all okay, but engineer gave what I...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm looking for some advice please. My system has 5 Drayton Wiser TRVs. There are 8 rads over 3 storeys and a 170l unvented...
Replies
Views
WB 4000 installed a few months back, just balanced the 7 rads - managed to get around 15 degrees delta across most rads. Not quite the 20 degrees...
Replies
Views
Forgive my ignorance, with this basic question, but I seem to be struggling to both understand, search for, and source, the appropriate washer...
Replies
Views
Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The...
Replies
Views
Back