Search the forum,

Discuss Gloves..... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

malcky

Aright folks, just wondering what good quality gloves you guys use...looking for a a pair that are thin and comfortable to wear and can still feel what your doing? and also wont get wrecked within 2 minutes either.

Cheers

Only goalies and girlies wear gloves. Man up! :devil:

Do employers provide gloves for apprentices? Or is it a good idea to buy them beforehand to show that you are eager to work?

Do employers provide gloves for apprentices? Or is it a good idea to buy them beforehand to show that you are eager to work?

if your directly employed (not a subby) then your employer is required to supply all PPE which includes gloves, protective clothing etc....

ask for copies of the rsik assessments of the work/task your doing and it should state if your employer requires you to wear gloves.

Last edited:
But would buying a pair and mentioning them in the interview be helpful? Might help give the impression of someone who really wants it?

Only goalies and girlies wear gloves. Man up! :devil:

All joking aside that is why I suffer with bad dermatitis on my hands now. I wish I'd started wearing gloves a lot sooner. Machismo is all very good but you will suffer for it in later life.

But would buying a pair and mentioning them in the interview be helpful? Might help give the impression of someone who really wants it?
How would you work that in to an interview? if you blurted out you own a pair of gloves mid interview, i would think you are an idiot. Why would owning a pair of gloves make it look like you want to work? :confused5:

"WOW!! that fella owns a pair of 10 quid gloves, lets give that grafter a job, sod it, lets promote him to head of the company, i resign"

if someone i was interviewing said i have my own ppe consisting of hat,gloves goggles and boots it would be noted

Easy, Kunys technicians loves with two open fingers, check eBay.

Do you guys wear gloves ALL the time?

I use the contour avengers from Costco but don't wear them much

I wear gloves all the time normally the nitrile coated ones, once you get used to them you can do everything but the most intricate work in them. The only problem is now that when I haven't got them I damage my hands alot more than I used to as I've grown used to the extra protection you get with them.

Last edited by a moderator:
How would you work that in to an interview? if you blurted out you own a pair of gloves mid interview, i would think you are an idiot. Why would owning a pair of gloves make it look like you want to work? :confused5:

"WOW!! that fella owns a pair of 10 quid gloves, lets give that grafter a job, sod it, lets promote him to head of the company, i resign"

Lol love this :D

Don't but should, hands now falling apart especially in this cold weather. Have tried the rubber front cotton back but lost feeling. If you are young start wearing now and learn whilst wearing them. If older we are probably doomed anyway.........:mellow:

If you are lucky enough to get an interview for a real apprenticeship I would shelve the gloves idea. Joking aside I would make sure that your hands feel like they have never worn a glove in their life. Helping a friend out mixing plaster for a day and cleaning their tools will give you that "site fresh" hard hand feel. It is that, more than accessories that people like us appreciate. I shake the hand of anyone who approaches me looking for work or experience and judge them on that. Harsh I know but someone looking to work in this trade must not be afraid of hard work. If not employed I would expect that they had dug over neighbours gardens, helped out at community events and shadowed but not stalked local tradesmen before launching into this challenging and rewarding career thus firming up the shake. If the shake is soft and sweaty forget it.

I wear red traffi gloves (google it), took a while to get used to them but now feels strange not wearing them. Make sure you buy the right size so they are tight, normally takes a little while for them to bed into your hands and then they tend to last 2 or 3 weeks before they're wrecked.

Which red traffi?

Thought there was only one?! The make is Traffi Glove and I know they do different colours, blue are very thin and although good for delicate work they don't last long, red seem pretty good though.

Thought there was only one?! The make is Traffi Glove and I know they do different colours, blue are very thin and although good for delicate work they don't last long, red seem pretty good though.

There are nine versions of the red.

Look good.

if someone i was interviewing said i have my own ppe consisting of hat,gloves goggles and boots it would be noted

I don't see why it would make a difference it is of no advantage to an employer, you would still need to supply them all required PPE, unless you wanted potential massive legal ramifications and uproar with insurance.

This is the Personal Protective Equipment at Work Regulations 1992 at play, first rule, you don't allow employees to kit themselves out, ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gloves..... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper end of DIY and I've a couple of house renovations under my belt (my own homes) I am retired but do volunteer handyman jobs for the elderly. Not...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Looking for some advice on my little bathroom project. I took the bath out. I got a shower jacuzzi thing. The base has 2 wheels in the corner. Do I assemble the unit first attach water and elec, and slide the very heavy unit in on the two wheels? Or do I get the base in the corner and...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Can anyone recommend a decent multi meter, preferably under a 100 pounds. It's for checking boiler components so I don't need a top spec one ....just easy to use and reliable. The fluke 115 looks good but its above my budget. My current socket and see one was great but it's developed a fault.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock