Discuss Getting back into plumbing full time?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Murph

Hi everyone,this is my first post so here goes...

When i first left school i done my full apprenticship in plumbing,got all my C&G's ect,but not long after i didn't stick it out (yeah i know stupid me !!).But now at the age of 39 i've been seriously thinking of going back to it.I've been working factories since and really bored with it,wishing i could get back to plumbing.I've always done the odd jobs for friends and family,fitting bathroom suites etc just to keep my chops up really.

But what i want to ask is is it worth going back? Is it possible to do some sort of refresher course just to get ontop of things regarding regs ect?

Get back into it in what way?

Work for someone doing jobbing gas work, heating installs, new build (if you can find it).

You will know your capabilities. Only things new in plumbing is some bathroom suites can be a pita to fit, customers are fussier, sites are health and safety ott and plastics.

You will have a lot of competition for a job btw.

Last edited by a moderator:
comes down to how much you want it, if its really what you want just go for it, you will remember if you had the skills to begin with. i dont know of any refreshers and wouldnt think you should need one

Oh yeah Fuzzy still got the skills,i still work in a factory on shift work,but was thinking just doing small jobs inbetween shifts like just domestic plumbing,bathroom suires,that sort thing for now untill i can take it up full time if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Getting back into plumbing full time?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock