Search the forum,

Discuss Gas work in the Summer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

galaxy_plumbing

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi guys,

I'm just about to start doing some gas work soon and was wondering if you could give me some advice about how do you generate gas work during hot months when people don't use heating much. Is this good period to advice customers to get their boilers checked and serviced or if necessary changed them for new ones (much better to do this in the summer though)?

I find this difficult as just started my business and lot of things are new to me.

Many thanks for your advice.

Regards,
abedy

What appliances and cores do you have?

I ask because;

# Kitchen fitters need cookers fitting,
# Landlords need annual checks,
# Boilers do still heat up water during summer,

You could even get a crossover core, to do commercial and/or LPG.
There is plenty of work out there, just got to go looking for it.

What other skill sets do you have which are transferrable, such as plastering or decorating?

Just doing plumbing and regarding gas its boilers related only for now. Gonna do cooker and fires in about month time, so landlords can do only ones with boiler in.

You will find that it will drop off from now until it gets colder again. I always tell customers to try their heating mid august then mid september as come october I am usually flat out. This does bring a bit more work for those months but as alot dont listen I dont see them until later in the year when their pump has died etc.

Another thing to try is summer deals like ÂŁ10 off servicing for a month you will be surprised how much that will bring in my company did it and we had alot come in ( although you have to advertise it this might get you some more regular work) also offer extra things like so much off a power flush when you have a new install (alot of people wont have a power flush due to the extra cost but will see the word free and get excited then you get a quote out of it)

When I worked for myself things like this worked a treat as people like getting something for free ( If only I could be bothered to do all the paperwork when I got home instead of going to the pub I might of been rich by now)

Summers always a bit of a lul, I find it quite nice, to have steady half days, and recover for the inevitable rush from late august into the winter.

And its always a pain in the arse trying to get a heating system to stay on long enough in the height of "summer" to balance and test it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas work in the Summer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Good afternoon all, First time posting on this site. I’m need of some opinions from Gas engineers if possible. My house is 1930s (I think). I have some very old gas pipes sticking out of random places. Mostly nest to light pendants. This has made me believe it’s an old gas/heat/lightning...
Replies
Views
British Gas servicing the above boiler ramped up the boiler to maximum in the installer menu to do flue gas analysis. They also measured the working gas pressure on the gas valve test nipple. This fell to 8mbar on maximum and 17mbar on high setting. They then removed the isolation valve under...
Replies
Views
Good morning all, just a quick one here and i was wondering if someone could give a little advice on their own experience. I don't usually do a lot of installs or a tremendous amount of gas work but obviously when I do undertake these things then I try my best to keep within the appropriate...
Replies
Views
Just an update to anyone who was following the thread on this site: Tify to gas engineer, what will it take? I got a DM from a user asking for an update, he like myself was gobsmaked at the level of abuse I got from asking a basic question. Thanks Tom for the DM, I managed to pass in 2019...
Replies
Views
Last May had a new Greenstar 4000 boiler fitted and only recently started using the heating. Once the set room temperature is reached the boiler modulates (presumably) and stays running for very long periods (many hours) but the circulating water is only luke warm (about 35 degrees) Any heating...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock