Search the forum,

Discuss gas toolbox in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

CXR100

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
hi all , work ar regestring me with their gas safe next week, so they are going to supply me with all the tools, the only gas work i will e doing at the moment is running gas point's to cooker spaces , i work for the local housing authoroty, ive been looking at this kit [DLMURL="http://www.reginproducts.co.uk/kits/REGM70"]REGM70 - Installers Service Kit | Regin[/DLMURL] i know that they supply a digital manometer as well, can anybody recomend a better option???

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't get a digital gauge get a regin premier gauge. Cost u less and last much longer!

i know the other engineers all have a testo digital manometer, suspect i will be having the same!

digital gauges are good for boiler servicing etc..... but for tightness testing they are pants. They are to sensitive tbh and need calibration. Get a cheap and chearful water gauge (£12) and sell the digital one on ebay :)

digital gauges are good for boiler servicing etc..... but for tightness testing they are pants. They are to sensitive tbh and need calibration. Get a cheap and chearful water gauge (£12) and sell the digital one on ebay :)

I agree. I use my j gauge for tightness testing and my testo 510 for burner pressures.

I don't understand how a gauge can be to sensitive? The result is still the same, a start and stop reading. How you read it is another story, but personally I can tell within 10 seconds if I am going to have a problem on a gas installation with my digital gauge.

You do have to learn how to interpret the movement though as other factors like heat, sunlight and air pressure can have an effect (on both but the water gauge isn't as accurate so not as noticeable)

Ever rubbed the pipe to warm it up as it just flicked on to 0.26 as clock struck 2?

Don't get a digital gauge get a regin premier gauge. Cost u less and last much longer!

a lot of people think the regin premier is the best manometer you can buy,
the problem is though, most people don't know how and when to use it :sad:

a lot of people think the regin premier is the best manometer you can buy,
the problem is though, most people don't know how and when to use it :sad:

Use it as a straight edge, use it to support pipes when soldering, use it to hold up floor boards when your cutting them out by had because van is too far to go and get rip snorter!

Never used it for gas work!

Use it as a straight edge, use it to support pipes when soldering, use it to hold up floor boards when your cutting them out by had because van is too far to go and get rip snorter!

Never used it for gas work!

haha, it might make a better straight edge than it does a gas tool
better sticking to a water gauge, it can be more accurate :smiley2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to gas toolbox in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock