Discuss Gas Safe without Gas Safe? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't need to be gas safe to be a registered gas business, register with gas safe and put your mate as an engineer under your registration, you will need employers liability though for this even if he's a subby

Be prepared for a massive hike in your public liability.
You will need a big cut out of the job to make this work. In the end getting your own gas safe quals would be a better long term solution.

I don't think its a good idea for you to go around quoting gas work when your not qualified to do so. How will you know what is and is not allowed i.e. siting for example or calculating pipework volumes? By going to a customer you would have to say that an engineer would have to come out after to do a survey which sort of defeats you being there in the first place aswell as it potentially costing you when you've agreed a quote and find it has to be done different. Of the top of my head I don't know which reg it is but there is one that says you cannot falsely pretend to be a member of a class of persons approved to deal with gas.

The thing is... an im not saying you would ....but before you know it some people think wellll ive quoted the job and got it ...I know why not put a few of the rads in and get the gas guy to do the rest ....nahhh tell you what il put the pipework in aswell should be ok and well its only a boiler what could go wrong if I fitted it? just leaving that piece of pipe for the final connection to the meter and thinking about it after fitting this whole system that's surely childs play one small section .....do you see where im going here .....

As a gas fitter I wouldn't have an issue fitting a boiler onto pipework someone else had designed/installed except:-

1.) I would want to flush it.
2.) Any leaks on the pipework aren't my responsibility and if they hold me up additional charges would apply.

Work is work and how is fitting a boiler on pipework someone else has installed for you any different than swapping a boiler on an existing CH system?

I worked with a good gas fitter down south who was happy just to come and fit the boiler on the wall under this exact arrangement. He told me what to look for on quoting which saved 2 of us going out. Worked very well and I wasn't GSR at the time. The main thing here though is I never claimed to be!

Last edited:
As a gas fitter I wouldn't have an issue fitting a boiler onto pipework someone else had designed/installed except:-

1.) I would want to flush it.
2.) Any leaks on the pipework aren't my responsibility and if they hold me up additional charges would apply.

Work is work and how is fitting a boiler on pipework someone else has installed for you any different than swapping a boiler on an existing CH system?

I worked with a good gas fitter down south who was happy just to come and fit the boiler on the wall under this exact arrangement. He told me what to look for on quoting which saved 2 of us going out. Worked very well and I wasn't GSR at the time. The main thing here though is I never claimed to be!

Boiler MI: The pressure relief valve is set at 3 bar, therefore all pipework, fittings, etc. should be suitable for pressures in excess of 3 bar and temperature in excess of 100°C.

I would pressure test it too. Why not to install it to the MI!? Your name is on the Benchmark.

Last edited:
Boiler MI: The pressure relief valve is set at 3 bar, therefore all pipework, fittings, etc. should be suitable for pressures in excess of 3 bar and temperature in excess of 100°C.

I would pressure test it too. Why not to install it to the MI!? Your name is on the Benchmark.

Agreed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas Safe without Gas Safe? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m looking to retrain as a gas engineer and do a new entrants gas course. I’m a bit concerned by the ‘on-job’ work experience/shadowing, as...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for a gas engineer who I can work with so I can complete my portfolio. I have done level 2 and 3 tech cert along with bpec gas...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello, I am looking for an honest opinion please, with my current employment I get a lot of time off, I am considering completing a gas safe...
Replies
Views
A
Hi guys I finished my gas course in September can anyone help me i need to do 2 install and services. Am living i ln leeds west yorkshire I do...
Replies
Views
Ahmad marian
A
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock