Discuss Gas Safe without Gas Safe? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

WaterPlumber

Hi guys, I'm currently in the process of getting round to getting all the necessary qualifications in order to become Gas Safe. I've been doing domestic plumbing working strictly with water, no gas, and wanted to get some advice from you guys regarding making my company Gas Safe.

I get alot of calls from customers looking for gas work: boiler installations, emergencies, boiler services etc. but obviously I turn them down, always giving them advice that they need to look for a Gas Safe engineer.

My question is in two parts (note I am NOT Gas Safe):

- Can I accept this work, quote the customer and send my Gas Safe friend down to do all the work following all regs & certs (and me pay him)
- Can I advertise for gas work: e.g. put on my website 'Boiler Services' 'Boiler Installations' as long as the end result involves a full certificed and competant Gas Safe engineer undergoing the work? (and me pay the gas men undergoing the work)
- Can I liase with Insurance companies and tell them my company can accept emergency gas callouts, so long that there is a Gas Safe engineer doing all the work.

Example: My none Gas Safe company quoting gas work - sends Gas Safe self employed tradesmen to do the job.

Thanks for the forum too, guys, I frequent it but have never commented :crazy:

Last edited by a moderator:
No as your advertising you are a gas safe company when your not your subbing it out etc

What if I don't advertise as a Gas Safe company? With a 'All work undertaken by a fully qualified Gas Safe engineer' disclaimer on my website.

What if I don't advertise as a Gas Safe company? With a 'All work undertaken by a fully qualified Gas Safe engineer' disclaimer on my website.

Your still saying your company does gas when it doesn't best to phone gas safe up they will tell you

- Can I advertise for gas work: e.g. put on my website 'Boiler Services' 'Boiler Installations' as long as the end result involves a full certificed and competant Gas Safe engineer undergoing the work? (and me pay the gas men undergoing the work)

When advertising and using the Gas Safe Register Brand, a business must only use the trading name registered with Gas Safe Register. Where it is identified that a business is using a different trading name to that registered, the Brand Enforcement Policy will apply.

Last edited:
Thanks for your replies. What if I never use any Gas Safe logos? Can I tell customers over the phone that I can come quote, then send my Gas Safe mate round to do the job?

I'll give Gas Safe a bell in the morning.

If you employ the dude, you can register your business with Gas Safe.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. There's a bridge between marketing for gas work and employing a gas man which i'm trying to get a balance of before I do my gas quals.

Thanks for your replies. What if I never use any Gas Safe logos? Can I tell customers over the phone that I can come quote, then send my Gas Safe mate round to do the job?

I'll give Gas Safe a bell in the morning.
Can't see why not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas Safe without Gas Safe? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m looking to retrain as a gas engineer and do a new entrants gas course. I’m a bit concerned by the ‘on-job’ work experience/shadowing, as...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for a gas engineer who I can work with so I can complete my portfolio. I have done level 2 and 3 tech cert along with bpec gas...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello, I am looking for an honest opinion please, with my current employment I get a lot of time off, I am considering completing a gas safe...
Replies
Views
A
Hi guys I finished my gas course in September can anyone help me i need to do 2 install and services. Am living i ln leeds west yorkshire I do...
Replies
Views
Ahmad marian
A
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock