Discuss gas safe inspector visit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone had a visit lately,anything new to expect,got one on tuesday.

TB008 edition 2 flues in voids would be a banker to be asked on as it is now a live doc, he will want to know that you are bang up to date on changes

anyone had a visit lately,anything new to expect,got one on tuesday.
Try not to worry. If your work is good and you know the statutory tests its great. These inspectors are not trying to catch you out. They just need to know your safe working with gas. Like Kirkgas say's, if you can throw in some information which shows your up to date it goes along way.

Don't worry to much about the inspection the guys doing the inspections are sound as reg man says they don't try to catch you out. As long as you don't go on the **** the night before you'll be fine lol

I had one a couple of months ago and like the guys are saying, they don't seem to be trying to catch you out. As long as they can see your up to speed they seem to relax with you

Same with OFTEC. They're there to answer questions you might have. In my case my paperwork wasn't up to scratch and I was advised what to do - not told what to do. Then he saw a boiler service I'd recently carried out and spent a good minute or two apologising to the customer and explaining that it was for their benefit to ensure I'd done things properly. Afterwards he again spent some time with the customer and told them he was happy with my work.

I even told him of one thing that I hadn't done on the service because of advice I'd had from a manufacturer and he said it was fine because the main thing was to make the boiler as efficient and safe as possible.

Tip. Just before he went he asked me to open the back doors of my van. Immaculate (of course!) but if it's messy I'd tidy it up a day or two before the visit.

I appreciate this is OFTEC but I can't imagine that a gas inspection is vastly different.

I did make that mistake of having a late night only for the inspector to appear on the doorstep at 9 oclock in the morning , as above I would not worry they are usually as good as gold

They state they want to visit 3 jobs in the letter,i could only show one as could not get access to anywhere .Instead of requesting to see more at a later date i got asked about 20 questions which where nothing to complicated and he seemed happy ,,,,job done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to gas safe inspector visit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m looking to retrain as a gas engineer and do a new entrants gas course. I’m a bit concerned by the ‘on-job’ work experience/shadowing, as...
Replies
Views
J
Hi all, I am a plumber but I do not carry out works to boilers as the majority of my is bathrooms so I am not gas safe. I have completed a...
Replies
Views
Am I the only one struggling to find appliances' manuals online? I know it's hard enough with cookers and old gas fires but I've just been unable...
Replies
Views
    • Informative
Why am I not surprised? Britain’s gas network still using engines from 1960s RAF fighter jets Ageing aircraft turbines will cost millions to...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock