Discuss Gas Safe Inspection in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
i may have the wrong person here?.

did you not state that your gas subbys are not allowed to leave their details with the customer and any future work shall be yours?.
therefore the subby is working directly for you not the customer so its your issue

also dont think you need to be gsr to sort a bit of plastic out.imo

by the way, are oyu saying the guy who cant get back to the uk untill xmas, came back for the inspection?.

lol.lol

responding to the wrong thread hahaha!.

still a point there somewhere though.

perhaps 14months a long time but you had bought situation to him for correction if not to cover his own bum and he failed to respond.
going to court for £80-100 is your risk if you want to spend xxxxxx more than its worth but dont hold your breath

I dont belive it .......to make report to gas safe and take plumber to cort for
not funished prv and condense pipe .......OMG
I might be wrong but you could have done the work in 30min and save all this !!!!!

I dont belive it .......to make report to gas safe and take plumber to cort for
not funished prv and condense pipe .......OMG
I might be wrong but you could have done the work in 30min and save all this !!!!!

it is not just 30 minutes, secondly he should not have been using my details, thirdly he should not have lied, fourthly he should have done it correctly from the outset...

I know its not your fault mate and you didnt carry out the install but could you just not have just sorted it and not use him again? Would have been easier in the long run. In saying this it should have been done right in the first place and I agree with what your saying. Gas safe arnt asways the most helpful people in the world

You are the master of understatement, mysk2008!

Same reason that anyone can contract with anyone to do almost anything.

When you go on holiday, you have a contract with a travel company - not the pilot of the plane - but you expect the travel firm to book you on an airline who employs qualified pilots. If you have private health insurance, the insurance company isn't a doctor.

The contract for provision of the service is separate from the competence of the operative that delivers it.

Think about the builder contracting to build the Olympic venue. Contract exists between builder and government for the whole stadium. The builder then subs out hundred of contracts to people like structural steelwork engineers, electricians, plumbers, concreters etc etc. They in turn either sub-contract or directly employ all the people who hold the relevant qualications to do the actual work.

There is no way that a single builder could possibly have all the relevant qualifications. His committment in his head-contract is that he will use qualified subbies for each part of the contract.

Ivors job is the same, just on a much smaller scale.

I know I'm repeating myself but I will remind you that I posted recently, following a discussion with Gas Safe Register, that I was told that the requirement is for anybody who installs or works on gas installations to be registered with Gas Safe; there is nowhere that it says that Gas Safe Register is obliged to make sure their registered engineer does the job properly and they have 'no legal entitlement to question how well or how badly anyone on the Register does the job'. It has often been stated on here that Gas Safe Register is going to do absolutely nothing to risk the money which you guys have to hand over to be able to work legally. The more people they knock off the register the more money they lose!

Last edited by a moderator:
why did it take 10 months before you was informed of the original problems?

it is not just 30 minutes, secondly he should not have been using my details, thirdly he should not have lied, fourthly he should have done it correctly from the outset...

Mate, sometimes life's just too short. It's a piece of PRV and condense. Is it really worth the aggro of going to court? Just don't use him in future and let it go...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas Safe Inspection in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock