Discuss Gas Safe Inspection in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

ratpig

Hi guys,

Our new business is having it's first inspection from Gas Safe next month so I was wondering if there are any tips or advice about what to expect??? I can then pass any information on to our registered engineer so he doesn't worry too much.

Thank you.

They just watch you do a job and ask you questions on the job your doing and a few questions on drop tests and ventilation etc. Nothing to mind blowing, they are quite nice to be honest

im getting my first one next month also, but they want to see installation work that'll get you off probation quicker, if you just do a landlord certificate or service i think it takes longer.

im getting my first one next month also, but they want to see installation work that'll get you off probation quicker, if you just do a landlord certificate or service i think it takes longer.

I just serviced my next door neighbours Worcester and he was fine with that - he did say they where busy round my way so maybe thats why he signed me off straight away.

thats what the gas safe guy told me on the phone, ive got him on a friday at 1.30pm so hopefully hes just chokin to get to the pub lol

lol.
Thank you guys.
On the probationary period he has to notify Gas Safe of all work that is carried out, but is this diffrent from notifiable work which is registered on the website?? Where can I download a list of notifiable work so I can check if our engineer is doing things properly?

They are o.k not there to catch you out, if you do anything daft then you could be in for hard time but just think safety . I only showed one last year as could not get access anywhere .

Just take your time, as said they are not there to catch you out, make sure your FGA and gas gauges are calibrated and in date, and youve got plenty of smoke pellets and gas caps in your toolbox, warning notices and stickers etc

You'll be fine!!

its a doddle, no different to the old corgi inspections, actually i think it was not as hard. I think that you need to look confident but not cocky.

Ive got mine next month,i havent got a fga yet,do they want to see you with one or is it not compulsary yet?they have asked to see 3 jobs i have done most of my work so far has been landlords and services,they havent mentioned they want to see me doing a job.

Had mine yesterday, bloke was ok, nice cup of coffee and a decent chat. Can't fault em. If you can get through an ACS an inspection is a doddle.

just keep em talking about football, worked for me LOL!! i just took him to 2 jobs i had done previously, did drop test on them both and that was it. very nice guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas Safe Inspection in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back