Discuss Gas Safe Engineers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah no!

How long before they learn it's bloody stupid to run a bbq in the tents of today?

Mind you when we were camping as kids dad used to hang up a gas fired lamp. I think the gale whistling through our old tent may have been a godsend!

another youngster just found dead in her tent yesterday locally, probably co poisoning again!

To be fair the awareness just isn't there.

I remember camping a few years ago. Before learning anything about gas.

We were using a gas lamp to heat the tent as we were freezing. Had a LPG two hob burner in the tent with just a small zip open for ventilation.

At the time it was just complete ignorance but if there were any warnings on the equipment I was using it obviously didn't catch my attention.

I could have killed myself and the ball and chain.

More seriously needs to be done to promote awareness.

To be fair the awareness just isn't there.

I remember camping a few years ago. Before learning anything about gas.

We were using a gas lamp to heat the tent as we were freezing. Had a LPG two hob burner in the tent with just a small zip open for ventilation.

At the time it was just complete ignorance but if there were any warnings on the equipment I was using it obviously didn't catch my attention.

I could have killed myself and the ball and chain.

More seriously needs to be done to promote awareness.

This is very true, and very serious. None of my camping cooking gear has any warnings about CO, just about not setting the tent on fire...

This is very true, and very serious. None of my camping cooking gear has any warnings about CO, just about not setting the tent on fire...

Also it really wouldn't take much for the camping sites to have a sign warning people. Maybe some leaflets etc

I do quite a bit of work on the sites over here, I think I'll have a chat with the wardens and bang some notices up.

If it makes people think again that's good enough for me!

People just don't understand that the flame uses air. When flame has used most of the air it struggles and produces co.
it's so simple

If you could explain it in a single line and give it a 15 second advert on TV I think you could save a few lives

I do quite a bit of work on the sites over here, I think I'll have a chat with the wardens and bang some notices up.

If it makes people think again that's good enough for me!

Top man! I live very close to Gilwell Park and know a few of the scout leaders. Will have a chat there as well. Could tie it in to Gas Safety week...

We could knock gas safe week on the head and all the other 'well meaning' but pointless awareness attempts and stick a 15 to 20 second info advert on in between corrie or eastenders with some hard facts on combustion.

Perhaps a CO related fatality on one of those soaps. One of the big names.

Corrie's got a few embarrassing employees at the moment it could afford to lose!

I think we need some help from Bruce Willis for a proper job.

Police car brings down helicopter carrying 5000 litre LPG tank surrounded by a 10000 litre diesel tank directly above the Kabin at midnight on new years eve.
The explosion created a tsunami which wiped out Home Farm and a five mile radius around the Woolpack.

Now, that's what I call TV:D

Not knowing possibly causes more accidents than information. In the gsr industry people seem largely not knowing about safety and do not see the reason for danger until you tell them. But the Gas Safety Register is supposed to help ensure peoples safety but possibly only if they know what they are being kept safe from. If a person thinks getting in a gsr fitter is going to cost them far more that they can afford and they think the job is easy based on not knowing they will probably have a go themselves. That is not promoting safe practices. By giving out information you are warning them as to the dangers, if they then go ahead and still do it, that problem is theirs. You at least tried to warn them it was not simple. Anyway they can always buy Torreys or Viper books they have been available for years to the general public. A GSR fitters job is to promote safety not form a secret club.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another one that i often get into arguments over is site generators. Why do carpenters and others think its ok to use a generator by the front door or even worse just inside the property. I even had one carpenter who laughted at me when i told him to move his generator from the front door of the house we were both working in.

Its one thing to be stupid enough to kill yourself, its another to put others health at risk or even worse murder somebody.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas Safe Engineers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock