Discuss Gas Safe Engineers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dotty

Please be very aware that this is an open forum.

Please take ALL gas related threads where you are discussing the technical and safety related repair of boilers into the Gas Safe Registered Engineers Sub Forum!

Thank you!

Background Colour scheme or something should be different in the locked forums, I never know which of the two I'm in

be in there once my CENWAT cert comes through, been waiting a few weeks for it, so to register (not paying £12 extra within days of registering)

Hmm! Why have a Gas Safe Registered sign by your name, if you do not advise people other than to tell them not to do anything? It is fairly obvious that if a person says they can see yellow flames in a gas fire that there is something wrong with it. I would say it is acceptable to tell them what it may be but not to touch it, the dangers involved and to call a gas safe engineer. If you give them no idea of what the fault may be, they may very well ignore it and be overcome with carbon monoxide.

The fact that laws exist that make it illegal for certain classes of people to touch gas at all should be sufficient.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas Safe Engineers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for a gas engineer who I can work with so I can complete my portfolio. I have done level 2 and 3 tech cert along with bpec gas...
Replies
Views
Hi I am looking to gain practical experience with a certified gas engineer. I was in search of an engineer to work with accompanying them to...
Replies
Views
Hi, I recently fitted a new central heating circuit and ran hot and cold to the bathroom and kitchen in my property (I was a CORGI registered...
Replies
Views
Just an update to anyone who was following the thread on this site: Tify to gas engineer, what will it take? I got a DM from a user asking for an...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock