Discuss Gas Safe Certficate in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RobbieP14383

I recently had a brand new boiler fitted by a GSR'd engineer. I am a land lord and I was not there when the boiler was installed. I am having a lot hassle trying to get my gas safe certificate for my records as its the law to have one.

Where do I stand and what can I do to resolve this?

Thanks

Additional:
I have emailed, text and called the engineer but he always says yeah I promise tomorrow I will email you a scanned copy etc etc. This never happens

Last edited by a moderator:
only posed the question as one or two customers moan at paying for building regs certification, building regs them selves charge over £70 round here to certify boilers etc so why do we do it for free, it takes your time, several notes to complete so you need to be reimbursed why else do we work other than to gain money. I find £35 not unreasonable to show as a charge on my quotes seems daft not to omho.
do you register the boilers with gas safe then ? thought it was mandatry to notify work and if you do they get the cert.how can gas safe keep a record if they are not registered with them

if I am charging the customers a fee to carry out a self certified notice what do you conclude from that? However if no fee you can draw another conclusion and it becomes the customers responsibiltiy under current building regulations

if I am charging the customers a fee to carry out a self certified notice what do you conclude from that? However if no fee you can draw another conclusion and it becomes the customers responsibiltiy under current building regulations
never looked into it is that correct i honestly thought every boiler had to be registered with gas safe legaly.otherwise the install is no better than one a saturday plumber does in his own time without a gas safe reg of his own. anyone any views.(regs man)

I know of quite a few down this way who never self certify gas installs, right or wrong ? If they complete the benchmark custards are happy as this is what the solicitors are asking to see down here at present as they dont seem to have realised buildings control/gas safe produce their own certificate for boiler installations. Its a bit of a mute point after all an oil boiler can be installed by anyone (i hate saying this) but have to be commisioned by a registered installer (oftec or otherwise) who can self certify or the customer can report the installation to bc for them to pass and certify.

i cant see the argument, you charge the customer for your service/time. Why bother discussing it with the customer, do it and take it into account when working out the quote. Most customers wont fully understand what it is and what its for, your the professional who they take advise from and are paying to do the work.

I know of quite a few down this way who never self certify gas installs, right or wrong ? If they complete the benchmark custards are happy as this is what the solicitors are asking to see down here at present as they dont seem to have realised buildings control/gas safe produce their own certificate for boiler installations. Its a bit of a mute point after all an oil boiler can be installed by anyone (i hate saying this) but have to be commisioned by a registered installer (oftec or otherwise) who can self certify or the customer can report the installation to bc for them to pass and certify.

i understand where you are coming from gas safe should give the option just to notify appliance to them so or work is tracable and not to building control but if its not registered with gas safe we in effect are no better than the illegal fitters as our work is not tracable - know we could fill in bench mark but any one could use our details from the gas safe site to do this.

i understand where you are coming from gas safe should give the option just to notify appliance to them so or work is tracable and not to building control but if its not registered with gas safe we in effect are no better than the illegal fitters as our work is not tracable - know we could fill in bench mark but any one could use our details from the gas safe site to do this.

somebody correct me if Im wrong, but when you self certify a boiler or gas works, what you are doing is completing a self assessment buildings control certificate that gas safe then pass on to the custard and you local buildings control. What they then do with their own part of the records is ?? to my knowledge. So basically your doig something that buildings control will do for the owner but at a stupidly high price and pay a gsr to carry out on their behalf

never looked into it is that correct i honestly thought every boiler had to be registered with gas safe legaly.otherwise the install is no better than one a saturday plumber does in his own time without a gas safe reg of his own. anyone any views.(regs man)

Registering your work is more of a condtion of membership to GSR. The home owner has ultimate responibility to get building regulations on the work. But that why they get GSR members in to do the work, because they know you will self certificate for building regulations. Personaly I don't think it unreasonable to have a nominal charge for registering your work, after all its your time and effort to get it completed.

somebody correct me if Im wrong, but when you self certify a boiler or gas works, what you are doing is completing a self assessment buildings control certificate that gas safe then pass on to the custard and you local buildings control. What they then do with their own part of the records is ?? to my knowledge. So basically your doig something that buildings control will do for the owner but at a stupidly high price and pay a gsr to carry out on their behalf

Thats about right.

spoke to gas safe on this - there is no problem for the customer to get building regs to certify the boiler but they say this must be agreed prior to the install as the boiler has to be registered one way or the other .i agree now why not charge a fee as if the council do it it will be £100 or more .those not registering their own work though what have they got to hide ? as said above thats what they get us in for .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas Safe Certficate in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock