Discuss gas question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mooey

im doing my ccn1 next week and just had a bit of a thick moment

looking at this question 36kwnet boiler open flue in a kitchen measuring 2.5m 2.2m 1.8m whats the vent

now if i rememeber rightly it willl be 36 take off the 7 which leaves 29. than times 29 by 5.= 145cm is that right

brain hurting looking through all this stuff all be over next week thank god
cheers

okay cheers it does nt mention that in the anwsers just says

145 which is what i ve got the next question adds on that you ve got a cooker in there and states it has an open able window but the vent size is different so looking in my anchient book says i need to add another 50 because of the room size is between 5 and under 10 so im going for
195 now
which is one of the options

I ve got the questions right though.i said 145 for the 1st question which the ventaltion is worked out by the kw I did nt mention a window till the next question.which they add an oven so room dimensions become relavent hence needing to add 50cm and an openable window to the 45

You dont add 50cm on for oven you go for the greater of total flueless or total open flue or largest individual requirement of any other appliance. 145cm would still be the vent size required.

You dont add 50cm on for oven you go for the greater of total flueless or total open flue or largest individual requirement of any other appliance. 145cm would still be the vent size required.

You are right with permanent vent size, but we would also need an openable window or equivalent

Yes, plus the 50cm if oven was only appliance would depend on if there was a door to outside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to gas question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock