Search the forum,

Discuss Gas meter information in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

robbo2777

Hello all,

Firstly, I apologise if this isn't posted in the correct section.

I've been invited to an interview with SSE for a meter installer role. I am qualified in MET1, however, I have zero real experience working with meters. Its been well over a year since I passed, and I cannot find my notes anywhere!

I was wondering if anyone had any useful links to anything relevant that I could use to revise and remind myself of the correct procedures etc that they will expect me to demonstrate during a practical assessment.

Thanks in advance!

I'd imagine its straight forward old meter out new meter in TT and go, obviously with temp bonding and making sure the meters installed correctly filling in paper work and sticking shear bolt on

All the usual stull when doing general gas work.

Built over mains
Fall safe
Labels
Support
Corrosion
Earth size position
Uncommisioned appliances - cap off at meter
Purge and relight

So on and so forth

Well with some places at least lol (utilita) i was gonna sub for have an auditing place dip sampling afterwards.
Spoke to a lad who grafted on it and the auditors earned/justified their keep.
I ended up knocking it back as the money was karp and too many penaltys if you gave it up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to all that replied!

Just want to get it all fresh in my head. nerves more than anything.

As for customer service skills, my plan is to show them printouts of my feedback from customers on Checkatrade.com - the proof is in the pudding.

On that note, if any of you are self employed then I would highly recommend signing up with checkatrade. Its the only form of advertising I use now and is so much better than local magazine etc.

Thanks again!

Build your post count up to 10+, then send gasman a private message how to join the gas private forum.

As for the interview, they will know if they want you within a couple of minutes of talking to you. Appearances are everything.

If they like you, they will probably present you with a few scenarios and get you to take them through the steps required.

Just remember - they will be big on safety - so make sure you do everything by the book.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas meter information in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock