Discuss gas meter bracket in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

ambrosia

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
does anyone know what the pieces of lead on the gas meter bracket which hold the meter unions in place are called and where to get them

I have a customer who wants a smart meter installed, however when the guy from Evo came he refused to touch her current meter and install the new one as these were missing.
All pretty pathetic but i said i would try and help her out

and shear bolt dont forget

thanks guys

whos part number is that, my next question is where do i get them

It don't matter how bad the current meter install is the meter fitter has to bring it up to standard. I would assume the fitter took and look and didn't want to change it because it was a hard job, some fitters can't solder very well so try and get out of changes that require pipe work alterations.

Remember the meter and bracket belong to the energy company.

Last edited:
So does that mean that I have to call the energy company to fit a bracket to the meter I encountered today?
It's sitting on the floor in the meter cupboard just inside the front door. Continuity and anaconda OK - just no bracket or security ties present.
It don't matter how bad the current meter install is the meter fitter has to bring it up to standard. I would assume the fitter took and look and didn't want to change it because it was a hard job, some fitters can't solder very well so try and get out of changes that require pipe work alterations.

Remember the meter and bracket belong to the energy company.

So does that mean that I have to call the energy company to fit a bracket to the meter I encountered today?
It's sitting on the floor in the meter cupboard just inside the front door. Continuity and anaconda OK - just no bracket or security ties present.

I would say yes

Not unless its AR.

I'm with AWheating.. the job of the GSR is to ensure that the installation is safe to use and not to correct failures in standards of fitting meters.

Any non safety related issues with meters sould be flagged to the gas supplier and not the gas emergency service. For example,, if the meter is hanging off the wall, just cap it,issue warning notice and tell customer to contact their gas supplier to arrange for meter to be refixed to standard.

Two anacondas? Despite the GSR bulletin, the Grid or similar dont want to know,. It isnt their meter..if you want to report it, report it to the customers has supplier.

Lead inlet? not a grid issue> gas supplier

squashed lead pipe on outlet? > not a grid issue

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to gas meter bracket in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I currently have an external water meter (which is a sub-meter) of my neighbours meter. The mains supply runs into their garden and then...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am having an on-going battle with my energy supplier trying to get a smart gas meter. I have a Landis &gyr installed which was a...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
I have a domestic gas meter located at one side of my building and my boiler/cooker (only 2 gas devices) on the other side of the building. There...
Replies
Views
J
Hi all, I am a plumber but I do not carry out works to boilers as the majority of my is bathrooms so I am not gas safe. I have completed a...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock