Discuss Gas Man? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mcgoo's

I was working on a refurb on an Indian restaurant, I had been working on it (3 b'rooms, kitchen/bar plumbing and waste etc.) various times over a 1 month period. I was out on my last trip to finish commisioning and do a final check, when I noticed that the gas man had been in before me as the cookers were fired. I took a look and followed the 28mm gas pipe across the ceiling and behind the steel sinks (there was a gas steamer to supply), and to my surprise he had cable tied his GAS pipe to my cold and the pipe was running along about 6-8" off the wall, not only that but it ran for about 3-4m along the wall (at 2 points touching the stainless steel legs) with no clips, just 3 cable ties!! I also noticed that there was no extraction above the gas steamer, is this dangerous? I looked at the other work behind the gas hobs, and he had another 28mm header running along the wall with 22mm branches straight into lugged elbows that all had just 1 screw in the top (the angle the lugged elbow was meeting the wall at was so bad that the top was the only bit that touched the wall)!! I don't know, or have never met this chap but surely he should not be putting in gas pipework??!! I take pride in my work and don't want anyone to think that its my handy work as well!
Thanks

Attachments

• WP_000205.jpg
    WP_000205.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 76
  • WP_000269.jpg
    WP_000269.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 75
Id made my mind up when i read 'Indian restaurant' but the answer was clear to me when I read 'cable ties'. I'm voting 'no' in the GSR engineer debate.

i'm not gsr so i cannot comment on the legality or not of the installation but that don't look good to me.

i'm not gsr so i cannot comment on the legality or not of the installation but that don't look good to me.
Thats the common sense in yourself that knows its not proper.
Nice wet plumbing though

zip ties?????????????????????????? supporting a gas pipe????????????????????oh and dont use my name in vain LOL,that was no gas engineer who fitted that,that is a fatality waiting to happen

get it reported to gas safe another dodgy indian doing DIY gas work i bet

A long time ago 1 of the local Indians asked me to fit a bit of 22mm gas pipe with lever valve and bash the end a bit to restrict what came out they could light what was in the pipe something to do with cooking can't understand what , but I didn't hang about , probaly done it themselves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas Man? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a...
Replies
Views
Im fitting a kitchen in my own house . When removing the gas oven on a bayonet fitting and turned the gas hob off and removed a four burner gas...
Replies
Views
Our House is now fully Heat Pumped, insulated and we have had the Gas Meter Removed. We have a 1950s foldaway Cannon Gas Grill which is on the...
Replies
Views
About 10 months I started having issues with a gas like smell in my home and the gas board was unable to find any gas leak I've still got the...
Replies
Views
Not sure what my options are here. Basically a friend of mine recommended his father in law to do our plumbing/gas work for our renovation. First...
Replies
Views
Back